Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just want to check something, I am about to remove the CD player on my Peugeot 206. There is a CD inside which won’t eject, step one is to retrieve the CD and then either fixing or replacing the player.

My question is, is there anything I should worry about? Security codes etc being forgotten while the battery is disconnected?

I have searched and most guides don’t mention this, except for one which said a professional would need to program in the VIN?

I just want to be sure before I do anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello,

I just want to check something, I am about to remove the CD player on my Peugeot 206. There is a CD inside which won’t eject, step one is to retrieve the CD and then either fixing or replacing the player.

My question is, is there anything I should worry about? Security codes etc being forgotten while the battery is disconnected?

I have searched and most guides don’t mention this, except for one which said a professional would need to program in the VIN?

I just want to be sure before I do anything.
What model radio is it?, most have a code or VIN...

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

THank you so much.

Nooo the radio came with the car and is over a decade old. I just need to open it to get out a CD that is stuck in there.

So if I remove and disconnect it, the ROM will still remember the VIN?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

THank you so much.

Nooo the radio came with the car and is over a decade old. I just need to open it to get out a CD that is stuck in there.

So if I remove and disconnect it, the ROM will still remember the VIN?
You're ok to remove it and remove the CD, it won't ask for a code

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect!

I opened up the player and got the CD out, however the eject mechanism doesn’t seem easily fixable.

On ebay I can get a replacement player and they VIN code it, so it will just be plug and play?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Perfect!

I opened up the player and got the CD out, however the eject mechanism doesn’t seem easily fixable.

On ebay I can get a replacement player and they VIN code it, so it will just be plug and play?
If you buy the exact model you can swap the CD mechanisms over and use
your original radio with the vin stored,
otherwise you'll need to read the eeprom inside or use "Peugeot Planet"

:)

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
You can buy a replacement radio/cd if its VIN coded it will simply plug in and work

Repairing the cd mechanism is a pain i gave up repairing them i just throw them away and fit a replacement

VDO units are more reliable than clarion units although clarion units have slightly better sound both are interchangeable as long as they say RD3 on them

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can buy a replacement radio/cd if its VIN coded it will simply plug in and work

Repairing the cd mechanism is a pain i gave up repairing them i just throw them away and fit a replacement

VDO units are more reliable than clarion units although clarion units have slightly better sound both are interchangeable as long as they say RD3 on them
His replacement radio won't just work, it'll need the vin changing to match his car

regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts