Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 307 sw (2002) and the radio reception isnt great. Aswell as poor radio reception and the disc changer not working (typical problem) I decided to buy a new double din unit from clarion.

Everything is great and we can listen to CD's again but the radio reception is still poor. Radio 1 is unlistenable, Radio 2 breaks up and I don't get any others. MW isn't too bad though......

Does anyone have any ideas what I ought to look at first?

Does the aerial have power to it or is it just earthed?

Cheers

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Haven`t poked around roof under ariel yet , poked just about everywhere else:lol: , have you looked under the lining to see if power cable going there would have thought there would be ,but honestly don`t know.:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply. There is a cable there and looks to be brown but not sure, need the daylight. It plugs into a little plastic socket and disappears but I'm not sure that would be the earth??

Or could it be the power if the aerial base earth's directly through the car roof?

I'm no electrician and being colour blind does not help lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol cheers

I'll have a good poke around at the weekend. See if I can borrow my old mans multi meter to find out whats happening (or not happening)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just had another look now its light and there are two cables from the base of the aerial. One is the actual area cable and the other is black with fine grey slashes across which in turn plugs into a socket. Does anyone know what this cable is for?

Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thats very interesting! So looking at the pic, the thin black wire plugs into a socket whic I can see on mine and goes somewhere. I wonder if the aerial connection has become loose too.

Another look at it I think at the weekend

Thanks for the pic

·
Registered
1 Posts
just fitted a multimedia radio as old radio poor reception. New radio the same. I have noticed if it goes into battery save, or if I try and start while engine running (I know you shouldn't) reception brilliant????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts