Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all im new here so hi lol

i have a pergeot expert (54 plate) with a Clarion PU-2294A(C) cd player in it.

The radio works fine but when a cd is inserted after a minute or so it is ejected without playing.

Any ideas??

thanks

am i doing somthing wrong or is th cd player not working it finds radio stations fine it just wont play cd's.

ive also changed the radio and fitted my SONY CDX-GT30RN cd player and with my cd player in the van when ever i remove the key any radio stations ive programed in get lost when i put the key in and i have to return the station ( which dident happen when i had it fitted in my renault clio it worked fine)

angain any iders?

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
savillm said:
hi all im new here so hi lol

i have a pergeot expert (54 plate) with a Clarion PU-2294A(C) cd player in it.

The radio works fine but when a cd is inserted after a minute or so it is ejected without playing.

Any ideas??

thanks

am i doing somthing wrong or is th cd player not working it finds radio stations fine it just wont play cd's.

ive also changed the radio and fitted my SONY CDX-GT30RN cd player and with my cd player in the van when ever i remove the key any radio stations ive programed in get lost when i put the key in and i have to return the station ( which dident happen when i had it fitted in my renault clio it worked fine)

angain any iders?

thanks for any help.
moved to the right section....

right the problem is that one of the wires from the head unit (usually orange) is not connect to constant live of the battery.. thats why the cd ejects and you also loose any saved radio stations.. it kinda resets the player..

if you do not already have a wire there.. run a wire from that orange wire (should be fused) directly to the radio and u are sorted..

let me know if you need any help..

cheers :thumb:

G

·
Swap the red and yellow wires arund

There should be some pull apart connectors on the sony wiring so you can do this pretty easily! :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
std ISO wiring colours are

these will not apply to your original car wiring, but may help you, you can purchase specific leads to convert your original car wiring to suit your aftermarket head unit, this is the easiest way and also saves damaging the car loom

·
Registered
77 Posts
are you trying to play a copied cd or an original, copied cds or mp3 cds are unlikely to play in the clarion, is the cd clean? have you tried more than one cd to see if its the cd at fault, if all fails then i think the original Clarion PU-2294A probably has a cd plyer fault, and swapping to the Sony would be a better bet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
soz for putting it in the wrong section :p

ive tryed both copyed cd and org with the Clarion PU-2294A(C) and no joy

what "specific leads" would i need and where would i get them from ie halfords ect? (got a link?)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
savillm said:
soz for putting it in the wrong section :p

ive tryed both copyed cd and org with the Clarion PU-2294A(C) and no joy

what "specific leads" would i need and where would i get them from ie halfords ect? (got a link?)
y'd be better off getting an adaptor from halfords and fit it that way.. if you cut the wires then it would be a disaster finding the exact wires if you do know what to do..

the factory wires are not exactly the same colors on the adaptor that comes with the head unit.. around £10 from halfords

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rm2

hi,i have the same kind of problem ,i have a 607 rm2 tape radio with boot changer,the radio is fine,plenty of function and volume,when i select any cd it counts down like its playing,but total silence,any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts