Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a problem with my Peugeot 406 RD3 radio unit (stock - Clarion)

Keep in mind - this is a radio from a different 406 vehicle
I have recently changed my old radio. Therefore I had to change the VIN number. (So the beeping would end).

For the actual question:
A problem has occoured, my radio won't turn on! (and there is no signs of communication between the radio and the multifunction screen). However it is possible to eject/insert CDs, but there is still no sound what so ever. Therefore I know that the unit draws power. I have checked the fuses as well, and none are blown.

I tried to run a diagnose (global test) through PP2000, and went into the radio configuration. From there, the radio suddenly started to play. I managed to switch channels aswell. But the volume dimmer didn't work, as well as there was no communication between the radio and the mutifunction screen. Keep in mind that this happend when the car was hooked up to PP2000.

I appreciate all the answers I get, hopefulle someone knows what's wrong. :thumb:

If I can't get the radio to work, I will try to find another radio at the local scrapyard. Maybe the problem is within the unit itself.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The radio is most likely faulty the power switches break on them sometimes try holding it in much harder than normal see if it turns on.

Planet overrides the power switch enabling it to turn on try again with planet and use the stalk controls to turn up volume if it then works the switch on the facia is faulty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts