Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stop my radio from beeping.

I bought the car a few months a go and when I saw it the radio was locked out. The dealer had it recoded.

I did some work on the car and disconnected the battery.

When I reconnected the battery it asked for the code (obviously).

As I wasn't given it I tried 0000 but this didn't work. I phoned the dealer and he said the code may be on the unit from the people who decoded it.

It was! I then entered this code and the radio came on but it just beeps every couple of seconds. Thought it may go away after a few minutes or something but no, it just goes back to asking for the code again.

I did not get a radio manual with the car so not sure if I am missing some vital part of the proceedure...HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sorry to hear your problem but you would need to go back to the garage and have the radio recoded.. These radios have the VIN number and have to matched with the car.

the code written on would make it work but beeping can only be stopped when the radio is VIN coded via Diag or Peugeot Planet.

·
Registered
857 Posts
jimmahall said:
I can't stop my radio from beeping.

I bought the car a few months a go and when I saw it the radio was locked out. The dealer had it recoded.

I did some work on the car and disconnected the battery.

When I reconnected the battery it asked for the code (obviously).

As I wasn't given it I tried 0000 but this didn't work. I phoned the dealer and he said the code may be on the unit from the people who decoded it.

It was! I then entered this code and the radio came on but it just beeps every couple of seconds. Thought it may go away after a few minutes or something but no, it just goes back to asking for the code again.

I did not get a radio manual with the car so not sure if I am missing some vital part of the proceedure...HELP!!!
hi, model and year of your car ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts