Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a new rad for my 106 (only a 1,1 I'm afraid) as mine has had about 3 bottles of radweld to keep it going.

My 106 has the full size rad (I thought the 1,1s had the small rad?).
If I was to fit the smaller rad instead of the full size one (its about half the price) would it cause any problems, running too hot etc?

I know it has the fittings for both the small and full size radiators so that won't be a problem, and its not all that hard to extend the bottom hose to fit so no problems there.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
as above keep to what you have half price for smaller one but if it causes problems it could be double the cost flush your system when you change it and don't forget your antifreeze :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, that's what's confusing me - the motor factors list the smaller rad for the 1,1 so I don't know if the bigger one has been put on at some point?

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

·
5,040 Posts
Our 1.1 106 has the large radiator in it,we recently replaced it with one from eurocarparts who insisted that it was the small one listed on there system, luckily we had the old one with us and were able to compare to confirm it was the large one. Oh and check the cap as well cos the new rad has the old style cap so the original cap didn't fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts