Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AC in my 308S (2010, 1.6HDi, auto) is hardly cooling. Freon level is correct and the compressor is starting. When AC is turned on, the high pressure pipe becomes very hot while the low pressure remains slightly cold. One potential reason for non-working AC is that the radiator fan doesn't kick-in when I start the AC, even when the engine is hot. There has been no overheating so far, primarily due to cold weather, but I expect so in the coming summer. numbers?

I understand that the following are the key components that may be involved:

1. Fan (requires bumper removal for checking and how to check besides directly powering from the battery for a short time)
2. Relay/ resistor pack (requires bumper removal for checking and replacement)
3. Maxi fuse? I do not know how to check, as it is hidden behind BSI.

Could someone please guide me on what investigation scheme to follow?

Though there is no engine management light on but I do have access to Autocom and can read error codes/ live data to help investigation.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
There is some fuses in the engine bay not sure which one is for the fan

The relay and resistor are accessible on some models without the need to remove the front bumper sometimes taking them off and cleaning them up helps

If you have someone nearby with Peugeot planet they can actually test the fans speed settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is some fuses in the engine bay not sure which one is for the fan

The relay and resistor are accessible on some models without the need to remove the front bumper sometimes taking them off and cleaning them up helps

If you have someone nearby with Peugeot planet they can actually test the fans speed settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Monty9120. All easily accessible fuses in the engine compartment are fine. I have not been able to check Maxi fuse and I believe it can only be checked by either lifting the fuse plate or moving BSI a little bit forward, hence allowing any check on maxi fuse (using continuity tester etc.).

Fan resistor/ relay pack is just behind front grill. I will try to access them without removing bumper.

Is it possible to check fan speed setting using Autocom?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts