Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It further drains my battery.
Running at full speed.

I have cleaned the relay on the radiator compartment with silicon spray but it doesn't last more than 6 hours and it happen again.

When placing the key on ignition, the fan will turn off.

Any clue what's wrong with my peugeot 407?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure if all Peugeot models does this, but sometimes the fan will keep running for few minutes even after ignition off, but I don't think the fan runs at high speed.

When engine is on does the fan always run at high speed, or it toggles between low and high speed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it only turning when i on the aircond and when temperature reached optimum temperature.

but when ignition is off, suddenly within 6 hours, the fan run on its own at high speed, draining my battery flat.

right now i have changed the relay located underneath the passenger glove box(left for right hand side model) and the fan no longer spins like crazy

·
12,372 Posts
Silicon spray?

Should be using electrical contact cleaner on any electronic components.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Running at full speed.

I have cleaned the relay on the radiator compartment with silicon spray but it doesn't last more than 6 hours and it happen again.

Thank you in advance

You should change the relay, cleaning doesn't work for it. I had symptom of fan not running and I cleaned with silicone spray but nothing changed. but once got a new relay, the symptom just gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should change the relay, cleaning doesn't work for it. I had symptom of fan not running and I cleaned with silicone spray but nothing changed. but once got a new relay, the symptom just gone.
im thinking of bypassing the 12v supply to the relay and add a wire with a switch and runs it through cabin hole near the foot area. which i will have to switch off when turning of ignition, and turn on before ignition

what do u think?

because i already changed the relay and this issue still ocassionally happening. i will risk my battery.

but i do know the risk of forgetting to turn on the switch will cause the aircond not cold and engine will overheat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Running at full speed.

Thank you in advance
If its diesel it could be a regeneration issue, (search this forum for fixes for that). Or it could also be for either petrol or diesel a thermostat sensor issue.

Look at your fault codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its diesel it could be a regeneration issue, (search this forum for fixes for that). Or it could also be for either petrol or diesel a thermostat sensor issue.

Look at your fault codes.
it is petrol model
My temporary solution now is bypassing the 12V DC supply to the radiator relay and add a manual switch that runs underneath driver compartment
this does the magic

I did this because both relays on the radiator and glove box has been changed to new one and the issue not solved

1 - 8 of 8 Posts