Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I want to change the expansion chamber cap on my 1999 406 HDi (90) estate but all the caps shown are different from mine. My cap is smooth with two lugs, one on either side, the "official" caps are knurled, like a large nut and it is too small. I am beginning to wonder if at some time the expansion chamber has been changed. Can anyone tell me what the proper cap should look like ?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi, I want to change the expansion chamber cap on my 1999 406 HDi (90) estate but all the caps shown are different from mine. My cap is smooth with two lugs, one on either side, the "official" caps are knurled, like a large nut and it is too small. I am beginning to wonder if at some time the expansion chamber has been changed. Can anyone tell me what the proper cap should look like ?
are you sure that it is not because you are looking at newer ones and yours is an older one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-Expasion-Tank-Coolant-Radiator-Cap-106-306-405-406-605-Partner-/321180379453?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac7d7a93d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radiator cap

Cap as shown is the one I tried but is too small and completely different. I sent vin number to supplier before purchase and he confirms cap type. My cap is bayonet type so I can only assume expansion chamber has been switched. Thanks for you photos etc.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Cap as shown is the one I tried but is too small and completely different. I sent vin number to supplier before purchase and he confirms cap type. My cap is bayonet type so I can only assume expansion chamber has been switched. Thanks for you photos etc.
is it not the one I have posted then in the ebay link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have a look on EBay dot com, as opposed to co dot uk, there are plenty. Unfortunately they are in my opinion very costly, so it might be worth going to a dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one on ebay looks the same as I have. The supplier I got the replacement from is sending a bayonet. Before buying I looked at the bayonet caps, but every time I checked on comparability before purchase it stated that the cap was unsuitable. Now waiting for the bayonet cap to arrive. Thanks all for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts