Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rad fan 307 HDI....Advice needed ASAP! lol

I have a 307 2.0L HDI 2005. I bought it after Cat C damage to the front and it was repaired (VIC etc). I noticed the rad fan isn't there, so I will need a new one. The problem is that I have read in the Haynes manual & online the fan shroud houses the fan relays, but I have checked and there are no relays - but everything seems to to be connect to the top left hand corner of the fan shroud, as it should (no loose wires etc, only the one to connect the fan) and back to the engine fuse box???

Not sure if this is a fan shroud for a 307 with no air con but mine has air con and I am also having to fit a new rad for that in between the coolant rad/fan shroud, which looks like it accomodates an air con rad. Will it work if I connect the new rad fan and will my air con work? Does the engine fuse box contain the fan relays? Am I missing the fan wiring loom?

Pic attached or my fan shroud (left) and the one in the haynes manaul, dont understand why they are different - can anyone advise please?

Cheers

Gareth

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Mine was also a crashed repairable, i fitted a new set of rads (engine and aircon) and a new fan

Mine has a relay, but only the one, strangely it will not click on when the engine temp gets high, but will happily click on when i switch on the aircon!

Never figured out if i do need a 2 relay one or not, for the time being i can just kick the aircon on if engine gets hot!

Can anyone else with aircon confirm their relay situation?

J

·
0 Posts
I've got climate control (with AC obv)

Do you want me to take a picture of something?

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Pre or post facelift? If it's the newer 16v engine it might be different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stubbo...

Does your rad fan connection look like mine in the first picture? Or like the second pic?

Stevoxsi...

My car is a 2005 pre facelift. Could this shroud be from a facelift model? The wiring loom seems all there and goes into the engine fuse box as it should? Cant understand why its different and why this isnt illustrated in the haynes manual or anywhere else for that matter?

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Some of those had the 136bhp 16v engine. Do you know what yours is? I don't have mine anymore so I can't go look! Sorry!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 90hp 2.0l HDI, 2005. From what I can gather everything is there. I will try my fan when it arrives and hopefully it will work!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Fair enough! Was asking coz haynes can be a bit thick sometimes! Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant understand how there is a wide variation to fan shroud on a 307?? I'm just gonna put the fan in and see how it goes, will let you know the outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts