Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys think I may have asked this one in the wrong group before..

Has anyone used the above they seem very well priced and was hoping for some real user feedback in the past I've always mapped and have heard all sorts of stories about plug in boxes..

Regards
D

·
11,706 Posts
I think that this may also be the wrong group. We're more into daily drives & family transport than modding.

Have you checked out Pistonheads? Or model specific groups on Facebook? You don't say what car but I've seen 207 GT groups for example, where modding and pimping is discussed.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I bought a plug in box for a 307 several years ago. Caused the car to go into limp mode on a busy roundabout with traffic lights between two Motorways. Sat in the outside lane on the roundabout at a red light and when they turned to green the car barely moved. Eventually managed to limp to the hard shoulder, removed the box and the car was back to normal. Won't ever consider fitting one again. I'll stick with the stock map in the ecu and if I feel I need more power I'l buy a car that was built with more power.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that this may also be the wrong group. We're more into daily drives & family transport than modding.

Have you checked out Pistonheads? Or model specific groups on Facebook? You don't say what car but I've seen 207 GT groups for example, where modding and pimping is discussed.
Wow for a minute there you had me well done :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a plug in box for a 307 several years ago. Caused the car to go into limp mode on a busy roundabout with traffic lights between two Motorways. Sat in the outside lane on the roundabout at a red light and when they turned to green the car barely moved. Eventually managed to limp to the hard shoulder, removed the box and the car was back to normal. Won't ever consider fitting one again. I'll stick with the stock map in the ecu and if I feel I need more power I'l buy a car that was built with more power.
This has always been my fear, I don't want a race car just usable power and have always found straight ECU re mapping fine, But had a real battle with Audi and don't want the same with Peugeot.
trouble is moving from 280BHP to 150BHP is taking longer and is harder than I thought..:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts