Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....any thoughts gratefully received.
Rolled to a halt yesterday, apparently out of fuel.
RAC attended, said no fuel getting through. Guy thumped away at the fuel tank, rocked the car & it then fired up & ticked over roughly for a few seconds.
Diagnosis: Out of fuel & towed home, & as gauge suggested half a tank then it must be sticky/faulty.
Put a gallon in but still not starting.
Only lead that I have.....Usually turning on the ignition is met with that brief clicking/whirring sound. Now there is only a brief click but turning the ignition off again is now met with a bunch of clicking/whirring....sounds like a pc printer setting itself up.
Perhaps it has always done this & I've never noticed it before but it's very noticeable now....& it's definitely not doing its usual stuff when ignition is turned on.
As car has now been towed back on to my drive then the RAC refuse to assist as I don't have home start....& I, being disabled, am at a loss & stuck without a clue.
Thanks in advance of any assistance.
Gill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hassled RAC to come again.....fella lifted the rear seats to access fuel pump evidently. Tested it with his multi-meter & said that it's getting the correct electrics but not apparently working. Suggested that I try replacing pump & see if it helps.
That's quite an expensive try for someone on disability benefits & for all that I'd really like to accept the diagnosis, I'm left wondering how likely it is to be correct.
Could anyone comment and/or offer any other possible fault/part to check before blowing all food/gas/electric money on a new pump?
Many thanks.
Gill.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Everything you have said points to a faulty Pump.
The fuel gauge sender and pump are all one unit.You have an incorrect fuel gauge and its not pumping fuel,the electrical feed to the pump is correct,looks like a pump to me.
Try GSF or Euro car parts,they can supply a quality O/E pump for a lot less than a Peugeot Dealer.Also it will be the correct part off the shelf,rather than taking a chance with cheapo Ebay stuff .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts