Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Have a member from here at my house. Wanted me to rig up pp to his car.
Pulled black panel off by steering wheel, but the comm plug is not there...just the shape!

He has a 307 hdi 2007 110

Currently waiting on my drive, so quick reply would be good.

Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hey try in the middle console at the bottom their might be a rubber stopper pull that down and it should be there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Finally found it behind the ashtray, taking little rubber mat out.

Done a pp scan, and came back with no errors! Although this would normally be good, it hasn't highlighted why he is getting a turbo problem. He said it's surging and lagging. Would this log itself as an error? His car doesn't seem to have this stored as an error code of any sort.

He's said he'd spoke to someone on here, who told him to pp it to show error codes...but not reading any. I'm not a mechanic, so unsure whether this should log any fault codes. He said he doesn't get any error message on console centre display("mid" think you guys/gals call it).

He said he'll jump back in here later to see where to go next, of course trying to avoid main dealer at present.

Thanks for your help John ;)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
depends if the car would of detected as abnormal using the sensors. from my personal experiance of lagging and surging says to check:

- MAF sensors
- Fuel Filter (if fitted)
- Air Filter
- Clean EGR

·
Registered
42 Posts
depends if the car would of detected as abnormal using the sensors. from my personal experiance of lagging and surging says to check:

- MAF sensors
- Fuel Filter (if fitted)
- Air Filter
- Clean EGR
Hi John

Thanks for your response. If it is any of the above as you suggest, would any of these problems show as a fault on the scan? I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be because there definitely is something wrong with my car! :(

I'm no mechanic myself and really want to avoid the high costs of Peugeot or any other garage diagnosing it for me if possible, hence plugging it into planet..

Cheers
Math

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
depends on how bad it would be to effect another system.

to test the MAF - Disconnect the plug that is connect to your airfilter or just after. if it drives like shite its ok, if its the same that needs replacing.

fuel filter - no way to test, just replace cheap enough..if fitted (defo there if a diesel)

air filter - check to see if its yellow...totally black is very bad.

clean EGR - search ebay for "wynns egr3", very very easy to do. i did offer to do a video but to be fair if someone cant figure it out...will only be a matter of time before natural selection kicked in :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts