Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.4 HDI 51 plate.

Are the injectors coded to the ECU? I need to change one of them and wasn’t sure if it is just a straight swap.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i have one too (pp2000)

Is it straight forward to do - and where do i find the new code for the injector....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jumping on here, I have 1.6hdi expert that has a engine change. Injectors are the ones that came in the new engine, but they were not coded. So the codes stored (shown using diagbox) don't mach the codes on the present injectors. Engine runs ok but smokes a lot under load, could the injector coding affect the fuelling? Iv been told 1.6 injectors don't need coding, but if they don't I can't understand why there is options to do it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, I think that may be my problem, I have tried to code them on planet and diagbox but diagbox came up with a message saying I need to check the download for ecu to ensure it's up to date and planet says ecu is up to date but it can't complete the action without a connection to psa servers? What numbers do I use from injectors, I was using number on outer edge with the first digit omitted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not auto configuration no, on diagbox I can enter the codes but it won't let me save them and says I need to check the download for ecu is up to date. so it still runs on old codes and on planet i can get to the part where you enter codes but it will only allow me to input numbers, my codes have letters in them too?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys really need some help here, tried again to do the injector classification, on diagbox it cones back with a message about ecu download, and on pp2000 I can input New numbers but says injector characterization (ima) incorrect. If I put random numbers in tho it will save them fine. Is it at all possible that my ecu in 08reg vehicle can't recognise 09 year injectors?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I may have cracked it ... I spent a while on the phone to local Peugeot dealers master tech, he explained that there are different types of injectors that will "work" in any engine but only certain types will code to certain ecu's. Told me they could try and code but if snap on and pp2000 couldn't do it then they probably wouldn't be able to either. They advised the best option atm was to try putting the old injectors in the new engine and 're code them. We managed to get pp to change codes but it would not accept the new ones, I can however change the old ones and put them where I like, add random 0000010 codes. So fingers crossed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts