Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just registered in order to ask this question, usually ill just Google and let it direct me to the right page on here when I've got a problem but it seems that this is simply too generic. So...

Driving home the other night (coming off the m6 onto the a38) and the engine starts to judder, won't Le me drop below 2500 revs without trying to cut out. Eventually it packs up (in traffic, no less) with the "depollution system faulty" message and goes into economy mode so I have to get towed home. The recovery guy plugged in and says it's the cam and crank shaft sensors.

So I get it into the garage and they ru, the diagnostics and, in line with what a lot of folks on here have said it turned out to be the spark plugs and ignition coil. They fixed both and returned my car to me and it drove home better than it has in a while. Started it up this morning gand guess what greets me... "depollution system faulty". The car runs fine but the warning won't go away.

So after all that, is it possible that they just didn't reset it after fixing it? Or is there likely to be another fault?

Cheers all.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It may be that they haven't reset the fault codes which can be an issue with generic readers or there may be another problem.

Also, some components on these cars need to be 'learnt' to the car. The car may still think it has the old ignition coil and it may need plugging into peugeot planet in order to tell the car that it has a new coil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts