Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have tried to search the forum for this... my skills in the Search box let me down. :(

Can someone provide me with a link to the / a specific USB hub that an owner can confirm will work for plugging in a phone and a USB stick for media to the single USB socket?

An Amazon or eBay link would be amazing... I want to buy without any doubt.

I know this has been discussed... but I cannot seem to dig the thread out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Folks,

I have tried to search the forum for this... my skills in the Search box let me down. :(

Can someone provide me with a link to the / a specific USB hub that an owner can confirm will work for plugging in a phone and a USB stick for media to the single USB socket?

The answer varies depending on whether the phone is android or iphone. I have had success with android using an unpowered 3 port hub running android auto, my ipod and a usb stick off it together.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did try a cheaper black plastic one that looked identical but was cheaper. Sadly it didn't work.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Folks,

Use Anker USB Hub. It is good quality product.
If you are a Apple CarPlay user, do not expect CarPlay to work. CarPlay will not work with any type of USB Hub. It will just identify as a another USB drive.
If you are a AndroidAuto User, will not have any problem with Anker USB Hub.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I purchased a cheap USB hub from a hypermarket here in France, Android Auto works fine but not Apple Carplay. However, seems to allow an iPod but yet to try and confirm.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I purchased a cheap USB hub from a hypermarket here in France, Android Auto works fine but not Apple Carplay. However, seems to allow an iPod but yet to try and confirm.
Yes it will allow ipod. I have also used few Cheap USB hubs before but after longer use most of them started to make poor connections and errors. In my opinion it is always better go to good quality once and specially with 3008 which create lot of other errors users don't even have a clue.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pointers to products. If I may come back one more time - are these ones that people are confirming they have and work? As a follow-up, may be too much to ask, but with something like this £20 product, previously linked to, does the phone charge as well as run Android Auto?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0192LV...-21&ascsubtag=2706026134&tag=httpwwwshopst-21

Ideally, I'd want a tiny USB splitter (as opposed to a grandiose 4 port hub)... but I'd rather get something someone confirms does the job.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2 port usb

C2G 2-Port USB 2.0 Hub
put that in amazon thats what i think i will get as me and wifey have completely different tastes in music we both have mem sticks 16 gig each so will leave em in car a pick your own when you drive

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That certainly looks like the kind of form-factor I would like, thanks. I'd like to know if a device like that can charge the phone at the same time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If it is to charge only, it's better to use an adaptor into the 12V socket. The usb port is mostly done for putting a usb key or a single phone.

If you have a hub, then you would need to power it separately in order to avoid burning the usb socket.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My cheap 4 port hub charges the phone battery while allowing Android Auto to connect.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks for the pointers to products. If I may come back one more time - are these ones that people are confirming they have and work? As a follow-up, may be too much to ask, but with something like this £20 product, previously linked to, does the phone charge as well as run Android Auto?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0192LV...-21&ascsubtag=2706026134&tag=httpwwwshopst-21

Ideally, I'd want a tiny USB splitter (as opposed to a grandiose 4 port hub)... but I'd rather get something someone confirms does the job.
The one I linked to does work, but if I was buying again I'd also go for the anker one you have shown as I feel it's better to have the power. I'd probably use some double sided tape of velcro to cleanly attach it to the top of the charging area.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a cheap one for the kids phones...and works fine in the back for them....also works fine in front too...

not tried carplay with it though...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
People try hard to help, but can go off-topic. ;) I wanted to keep this really simple and succinct.

A pointer to a confirmed product that works in the 3008 to connect 2 devices (1 an Android phone, which should also charge, 1 a USB stick with media on it), with no other power requirements... so, is anyone actually doing this, for real? :thumb:

Not concerned about 12v sockets. Not concerned about the back. Not concerned about anything Apple. I just reckoned most folk would already be doing this and I could avoid taking a small risk on something that may not do the job. I guess most folk aren't?

I must just be a trail blazer!

·
Registered
91 Posts
you might not be concerned but others might have been happy to see the update - not massively off topic...just in a different lane...

#haveaniceday

:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
People try hard to help, but can go off-topic. ;) I wanted to keep this really simple and succinct.

A pointer to a confirmed product that works in the 3008 to connect 2 devices (1 an Android phone, which should also charge, 1 a USB stick with media on it), with no other power requirements... so, is anyone actually doing this, for real? :thumb:

Not concerned about 12v sockets. Not concerned about the back. Not concerned about anything Apple. I just reckoned most folk would already be doing this and I could avoid taking a small risk on something that may not do the job. I guess most folk aren't?

I must just be a trail blazer!
More like a Braille Tazer!

I know it’s not any help but I have my purchases ready to use in 3 weeks
and would be happy to test things out.
However, what does Peugeot say apart from ‘do not use a hub as it can cause interference with the electronics’. Has anyone asked them seeing it seems to be a failure on their part to only install one USB port. Come on PugPeople it’s the 21st Century. Don’t they have dual ports in other cars. Maybe they aren’t confident enough in the electronics system of a new model. Yet they are making massive advances in safety/driver usability etc.
Some computer firms like Apple and Microsoft specify maximum values for components like memory modules but those limits can be safely breached.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not in a rush, I can wait 3 weeks for positive confirmation. Ta for that.

Remember - I don't have the car, and won't, someone else is driving it around Milton Keynes at the moment (I keep getting WhatsApp messages expressing the joy being felt doing that). Anyway, I just want to remove this limitation and ensure that some media can be had on a stick.

A Tiguan, for example, comes with numerous USB ports (even 1 in the back) and 2 x SD card slots. If you (Peugeot, I'm looking at you) are set on only supplying the 1 and a big shelf underneath it, at least let it act as a proper hub. :rolleyes:

I don't want the moon on a stick, just some tunes on a stick.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You should be on the stage. Had me laughing out loud again! For your info in the Scottish tongue it’s toons as in Looney Toons, apt or what?
Yes, I realise you don’t have the car. What a lovely thought....driving a great car thru’ MK in a rainstorm with a demisting system you haven’t taken the time to learn.

Don’t drive and WhatsChat...ooops, that’s on iPad.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts