Peugeot Forums banner

Questions on installing aftermarket stereo head unit in 2007 Peugeot 307 HDi

11K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  millington 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New member here - recently purchased a 2007 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring station wagon in Australia and I want to install an aftermarket stereo, but my cursory googling has left me slightly confused. I'd very much appreciate like a few people to look over the process and items I'll need that I've listed here and tell me if I'm missing something blindingly obvious... or not already mentioned in another thread!

What I want to do is be able to use the steering controls on the new head unit, and be able to see everything that I could see before, like the trip computer (I read that the music display won't function for any after-market head unit but it's on the unit so I'm not too bothered). I will eventually put at least a sub in, if not new speakers if the stock ones turn out to be not so good.

So - I'm currently looking at this JVC KD-R90BT:

($298) JVC KD-R90BT Bluetooth Dual USB CD Receiver with Rear Aux - KDR90BT

I've been into the dealer prior to buying anything (trying to get my key fixed, whole other drama!) and they reset something with PP2000 so that I can install the stereo. I read somewhere on this forum that this is necessary so I can install a new head unit - could be wrong, but the mechanic seemed to agree with me. This means that I now can't see the controls on the dash mount display. Music on the original head unit still works though.

So now i'm aware i need a harness to connect the JVC, here's one I found in the UK:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...ad_p-27339.htm

And seeing as I also want to retain the steering controls, I'm guessing I will need one of these:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...ad_p-27339.htm

However, I also found this one which apparently is an all-in-one, that says that I won't be able to see the display although my clock and temperature will remain (which is what it is like now, with no trip computer):

Connects 2 CTSPG007 - Peugeot 207, 307, 308, 407, 807 Stalk Control Adaptor

Clearly I'm missing something here! Will any of the above harnesses work on the JVC to let me still see the trip computer, use the steering controls and listen to my stereo? If not, what are my options?

Many thanks for taking the time to read, would be very interested to hear what others have experienced.

Cheers!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Mastertech.

The clock and temp work fine, it's the trip /fuel computer that doesn't seem to function at the minute. At least, it doesn't come up on the dash mount display any more.

As for compatibility, I was hoping that someone else had had some experience installing something similar, but if not I shall chase it up shortly!

#4 ·
the radio is compatible with your stalk. you will need to buy the adaptors as you have mentioned. Do a search on PC99-X44 and PC99-JVC.

As for the dealer resetting something on pp2000, he would of just turned off the network to the radio. hence info is now missing. this doesnt matter if its on or off.

the trip info may just need resetting, try holding in the trip info button at the end of the stalk for a few seconds. may need a battery disconnect on the car, but make sure you follow the procedure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.