Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and sorry if this has been asked before, I've read loads of stuff about programming new keys and watched youtube videos and stuff, so I get how to program keys with pp2000 or diagbox.

I actually purchased the pp2000 cables + software so I could find an airbag fault, and have serviced the car and reset the service light + enabled aux on the stereo.

I am aware I can get the 4 digit code from reading the eeprom on the BSI, or from the Motorola MC68HC912, or paying Peugeot to get this.

So I have the software/hardware and a basic knowledge on what's required.

I do however wish to know that if I buy a new blank key from fleabay and get it cut, and program it - will my old key stop working or will that still work and I'll have 2 keys. Or will I need to buy 2 blank keys and get them cut - and my old key will stop working?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi and sorry if this has been asked before, I've read loads of stuff about programming new keys and watched youtube videos and stuff, so I get how to program keys with pp2000 or diagbox.

I actually purchased the pp2000 cables + software so I could find an airbag fault, and have serviced the car and reset the service light + enabled aux on the stereo.

I am aware I can get the 4 digit code from reading the eeprom on the BSI, or from the Motorola MC68HC912, or paying Peugeot to get this.

So I have the software/hardware and a basic knowledge on what's required.

I do however wish to know that if I buy a new blank key from fleabay and get it cut, and program it - will my old key stop working or will that still work and I'll have 2 keys. Or will I need to buy 2 blank keys and get them cut - and my old key will stop working?

Thanks.
As long as you have all keys present when you program them with Diagbox / planet. Then your old ones won't stop working.

Basically when you go to program the keys, it asks you how many you need to do. You need to select the exact number of keys (old and new) that you want to work. Then you have to program them one-by-one.

Any keys not present and programmed during that procedure will stop working.

Hope it helps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts