Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one surprised by how poor the reversing camera is on the 3008? Its not only low quality but very laggy too?

Or is it just my car?

Im comparing it to my old QQ hence wondering what other QQ owners think.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Am I the only one surprised by how poor the reversing camera is on the 3008? Its not only low quality but very laggy too?

Or is it just my car?

Mine is the same, not as good as the QQ one which is a surprise as everything else is better.

3008 1.2 GT Line Pearl White

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
A little tongue in cheek point of view :)

My guess would be they had to make some kind of judgenment call on where they coould cut costs so as not to price the car out of reach and the reversing camera could have been one of the options they chose because let's face it, the car spends far more time stationary or going forwards than backwards and you really don't need 4k for reversing.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
I have to say having driven a few cars with reversing cameras the nissan ones were hard to beat but i tend to do it the old fashioned way and use my mirrors as im used to driving vans and reversing trailers :)

·
Registered
544 Posts

Or is it just my car?

I think that a lot depends on which particular specification of QQ you had and which 3008 you've gone for tbh. I would imagine that those that had Teknas would probably find that the camera is hard to beat whereas those with the lower specs would be not so disappointed. I also bet that the cameras on the GT line and on the GT are good but I don't know.

My 2014 QQ was one of the first produced in the new shape and it was an Accenta Premium. The reversing camera was actually rubbish and considering the fact that it was supposed to be self cleaning it was very difficult to see where you were trying to manoeuvre especially at night. I find that the camera on my Allure 3008 is far superior as it's crystal clear and I find the birds eye view is very useful.

You've raised a good question though CherriesFan and I am interested to read what other ex-QQ owners think

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm wondering if the Visio Park 2 has different cameras to the standard?
With it's 360 degree camera system it may be better overall.
Who knows but it's an additional £450 which I have taken a punt on and added to my GT Line.

If it's half as good as the one on my Mercedes B200 then I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that a lot depends on which particular specification of QQ you had and which 3008 you've gone for tbh. I would imagine that those that had Teknas would probably find that the camera is hard to beat whereas those with the lower specs would be not so disappointed. I also bet that the cameras on the GT line and on the GT are good but I don't know.

My 2014 QQ was one of the first produced in the new shape and it was an Accenta Premium. The reversing camera was actually rubbish and considering the fact that it was supposed to be self cleaning it was very difficult to see where you were trying to manoeuvre especially at night. I find that the camera on my Allure 3008 is far superior as it's crystal clear and I find the birds eye view is very useful.

You've raised a good question though CherriesFan and I am interested to read what other ex-QQ owners think
Thanks BL.

For clarity I had pretty much the first 2014 model Tekna to roll out of sunderland (I bought it through a broker who still had the old model discounts...it was a steal!) and I have the new GT-Line standard reversing camera with weird hybrid half top down view that becomes full 360 if you reverse far enough lol

Its just slow to react which when you think about it is not great...you'd hear the crunch before you see it on the screen! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks BL.

For clarity I had pretty much the first 2014 model Tekna to roll out of sunderland (I bought it through a broker who still had the old model discounts...it was a steal!) and I have the new GT-Line standard reversing camera with weird hybrid half top down view that becomes full 360 if you reverse far enough lol

Its just slow to react which when you think about it is not great...you'd hear the crunch before you see it on the screen! :D
Sound like our QQs were very early ones and I have to say I've had a lot of teething problems with it, hence why I now drive a Pug! My 3008s camera is quick to respond although probably not as quick as the QQ but it's definitely a lot clearer. I have 2 views on mine, one from the rear camera and one that's a birds eye view and they are both easier to use than the QQs single view from the reversing camera.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sound like our QQs were very early ones and I have to say I've had a lot of teething problems with it, hence why I now drive a Pug! My 3008s camera is quick to respond although probably not as quick as the QQ but it's definitely a lot clearer. I have 2 views on mine, one from the rear camera and one that's a birds eye view and they are both easier to use than the QQs single view from the reversing camera.
Ah...my tekna had top down, each wheel arch, front and rear :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lowly former Qashqai owner

Well I had a Qashqai which was 6 years old and no reversing camera, so whatever the one is like in the new 3008 I am sure I will like it (having liked the one in the demonstrator). Will do a couple of test reverses with a willing or otherwise guinea pig to test the accuracy and how far I can actually go back :stars:

PS like the new addition to the signature?

·
Registered
544 Posts
You both had cashcows? lol
We did as we couldn't fault them but the 2014 version soon changed that unfortunately. I've obviously swapped mine for my 3008 but well before that hubby swapped his for a Pathfinder and he's now just had an x-trail but that's another story

And Iboo, I like your lovely new signature

Reactions: lboo

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have to say having driven a few cars with reversing cameras the nissan ones were hard to beat but i tend to do it the old fashioned way and use my mirrors as im used to driving vans and reversing trailers :)
Me too
You can't beat properly used mirrors and the camera, apart from the last foot or two, freaks me out with its distorted image.
An HGV pilot would always use his mirrors over a camera except for the bit out of sight immediately behind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.