Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a customer at work, with a '04 307 1.6HDI 110. I filled the additive tank, reset the counter, and there is still a few error messages regarding the FAP.

One of them is regarding the magnetic sensor. The magnets are in place and working on the cap, so my logic is to order the sensor and change it, then regenerate the filter.

Would that be about right?

Codes are (Engine ECU only):
"Permanent fault: Additive system Fuel tank cap presence sensor"
"Particle filter overloaded"
"Particle filter clogged"

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try a forced regeneration as you give it some stick on the open road for at least thirty minutes.

A lot of garages around my way tend to get this irritating fault but mainly succeed 90% of the time.

·
11,711 Posts
It all depends on whether the filter is end of life or how long the car has run without additive or the cap magnets working.

You could run an engine with no oil, putting oil in hours before it seizes isn't going to instantly fix it.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if the cap sensor isn't working then it won't automatically regenerate. You could try a forced regen using planet but I've tried forced regens on cars both moving and stationary and it always failed. If you do manage to get it to regen then you will be in the same boat in a few months time. The system injects the fluid into the tank everytime the cap is opened & closed so if the sensor is faulty or magnets are missing the system won't know it needs to inject the fluid. The way I understand it works is that the fluid causes the mixture to burn at a higher temperature which then causes any soot build up in the DPF to burn off. No fluid in the mixture means no burn off and eventually a clogged filter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that if the cap sensor isn't working then it won't automatically regenerate. You could try a forced regen using planet but I've tried forced regens on cars both moving and stationary and it always failed. If you do manage to get it to regen then you will be in the same boat in a few months time. The system injects the fluid into the tank everytime the cap is opened & closed so if the sensor is faulty or magnets are missing the system won't know it needs to inject the fluid. The way I understand it works is that the fluid causes the mixture to burn at a higher temperature which then causes any soot build up in the DPF to burn off. No fluid in the mixture means no burn off and eventually a clogged filter.
That is my understanding as well. Thus, I figure I need to get this system working, get a regen going or clean out the filter/replace it. This should take care of the different dpf-related problems, then I can tacle the preheater stuff later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all depends on whether the filter is end of life or how long the car has run without additive or the cap magnets working.

You could run an engine with no oil, putting oil in hours before it seizes isn't going to instantly fix it.
Yes I suspect the dpf need some help or replacement, but I need to get the regen system working for the future as well.

I'm going to thrash the car for an hour or so later today, as the owner is rather delicate with her driving.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i drove it for 15 min, 4th gear, above 3000 rpm. It picked up a couple new faults;

"High turbo pressure raw signal" and "Turbo pressure solenoid valve * turbo valve electrical circuit". They were intermittent faults and went away on restart. It's probably the clogged up fap messing with it.

I assume it won't regen as long as it has faults related to the whole regen system? It refused to start a manual regen when I tried that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts