Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still fighting with a power loss issue on a 1.6HDi 2009 (100,000km). I've noticed something strange.

If I disconnect the MAF sensor, I get no error lights and the car behaves the same with the MAF connected and disconnected. Is this normal?

Second, I've noticed a buzzing noise coming intermittantly from the EGR valve when the car is at idle or if I am at a stop and I start to engage the clutch in 1st gear. I have identified the noise as the EGR because if I unplug the EGR, the noise stops.

At idle, about every 7 seconds, the EGR buzzes slightly and the motor makes a "bruuuump" noise, kind of like a flutter. Then it idles normally, then another "bruuuump" accompanied by an EGR buzzing.

Starting from a dead stop if I bring up and engage the clutch to kind of jerk the car forward a little bit, I also get an audible buzzing from the EGR.

If I disconnect the EGR completely by unplugging the electrical connector, the buzzing stops and driving the car there is no difference in performance. Curiously with either the EGR or MAF or BOTH unplugged, the car throws no error lights.

Is this normal behaviour? I am especially wondering about the EGR operating at idle. I was under the impression that the EGR did not operate during idle.

One last thing - at high engine revs (3000 and up), I'm getting pretty noticeable diesel knock. I use Shell V-Power diesel. Also wondering if this is typical for these engines?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
If Air Flow meter is working , disconnecting it will lower car power , if theres no difference then usually it means its not working :nod:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts