Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, I fitted an 03 406 4 spoke steering wheel in my 307.
Everything fine and dandy. Only issue was that I had not fitted it in the right place and it was one notch on the splines off being straight.
I thought I could put up with it, but it was driving me mad having an off centre wheel.
Today, I corrected it, rotating it one notch clockwise. Started it up after, and I got an airbag fault. I turned the engine off, loosened the airbag and checked the cables were seated correctly. I took them out and put them back. All secure and correct.
I started the car and got no airbag fault. Sorted so I thought. Put the airbag back on, started car, got a airbag fault.
It is fine if I do not put the airbag in place, but as soon as I fit it, I get the faut.
I am assuming that it is a cable. Are the ribbon cables that fasten to the airbag replaceable?
I ran PP, and got a fault reading of "Airbag ECU Permanent fault. Driver's module trigger-Level 2. Open circuit."

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Neil

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the 406 one. All connections are the same as the 307 one.
It is a difficult job to change cables then?
I am going to plug in my 307 one now. I have only just thought about that lol.
I will wiggle that about to see if the fault arises. I obviously will not be able to fit it into the wheel though.
If a fault comes up, I can assume then that it is not the 406 airbag at fault.

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
You have damaged 1 of the ribbon cables they are easy to damage best option is replace the whole com unit as repair although possible would require another good com unit anyway.

Part no does not matter only the functions and amount of plugs on back need to match any 307 one will fit as will many others

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Effity eff!
Ebay?
With any luck I can find one with a trip computer button.
I just wish I could afford to do it. Needs to be done though.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it :)

Neil

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one too, item number 152447078257

It says in the listing though "This item does not fit Peugeot 307 2003 3A/C [2000-2016] Hatchback 2.0 HDI 90.!. That is just standard I assume, and it will still be ok? It is the full monty.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DOH!!!!
I wish I could remember what sockets are on the back of mine. I know there are three (gray brown and something else, plus the airbag connection. I am searching the bowels of my PC for pictures I took of it so I can compare images.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It's not got the trip button on the stalk, but it's an easy enough modification to perform.

When I was dismantling the car, everything worked perfectly, so it should still be in the same condition. I've kept it indoors, so it's been kept away from damp etc.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been after a button for months for mine.
Thank you for your offer, it is kind of you, but I shall politely decline.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have taken a gamble on the one I linked to above.
Won't be here before Tuesday, which is a pain because I have a funeral to go to in Leicester. Driving with airbag faults isn't likely to cause driving issues is it?

Thank you very much for the help and advice I have had. I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorted.
New Comms came today.
It was pretty hassle free to replace, bar the black socket on the back being in a different place, and not having enough wire to plug into it. I got around that by cutting back the insulating tape binding the wires together. Then, the plug would not fit in the socket! It was a slightly different shape, with there being a small locator on the plug that was not matched on the socket. I trimmed the bit of a tab off with a knife, and it plugged straight in.
Everything works fine and no more airbag fault.

20170306_150833.jpg

20170306_151103.jpg

20170306_150847.jpg

20170306_150854.jpg

20170306_150914.jpg

I will no longer have intermittent front wipers I don't think, as this Comm has auto wipers and lights, and my car doesn't.
I just hope CC still works! Going out shortly, so I guess I will fond out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts