Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put a 20mm2 kabel from the battery and to the back of the car to an amplifier.But where in the wall behind the motor to make a hole,or is there holes there allready?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Drilling a hole in the rubber just below where the a/c un off pipe sits is usually safe..20mm2 though? That's quite a heavy duty cable, is the alternator up to that level of drain? I've only an 8awg cable running an active fli sub and the car is much more rattly now than when I got it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Signat RAM1 that I thought of using maybe just use 4 channels,At max output it will use 70ampere...:eek:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have ran 0 AWG in my car but there is a hole already there to feed the wire. just remember wire it direct to the battery and don't use the fuse box beside the battery. also don't forget to beef up your earth cables as many forget to do this it.

when you push the cap make sure you catch in from under the car and make the hole in the middle and put some sealer round it and push it back on and you will be good.

heres my pictures:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that was what that cap was for,I saw it and wondered..
Thanks!
No I wont forget the earts cable.:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
no worries, few pictures of your setup would be good to see what kit are you running?

mines: 500/1v2, 300/2v2, C5 650, 12w6 all JL audio, HU CDA 9887R with Minidsp kit for the EQ

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let the repair shop make a hole and draw the cable to the fusebox,I will connect it later.I will have my Signat amp under the passanger seat driven by my Kenwood head unit,in the front doors I have a Pioneer kit speaker and separate treble speakers.If everything works out fine I will have a box in the back with 2 coustic DR 10 inch woofers in Isobarik.

·
Registered
195 Posts
running high pass off the head unit while i save for the JL 900/5..every time i get a few quid saved,something else on the car needs fixing!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is it okay to take the ground to the amp from the seatbelt bolt?
Are you placing the amp under a seat? Seatbelt bolt should be OK.
If in the trunk, there's a good ground point on the left side, 30-40 cm over the floor and fairly far forward (towards the rear seat-back, just loosen the textile/carpet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes under the seat,will have to get me a bigger cabelshoe towmorrow the hole have to be 13mm....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts