Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of a push button ignition system that can be fitted to a 307 peugeot, eliminating the ignition key. I know others do them peugeot don't seem to, and the key is not circuit base controlled, but the key fob and the key head are upon entering the vehicle, so I figured that getting rid of the ignition will not effect the immobiliser system.

·
Registered
862 Posts
johnc said:
Does anyone know of a push button ignition system that can be fitted to a 307 peugeot, illuminating the ignition key. I know others do them peugeot don't seem to, and the key is not circuit base controlled, but the key fob and the key head are upon entering the vehicle, so I figured that getting rid of the ignition will not effect the immobiliser system.

Peugeot dont do them,but theoretically you could use a button from a door bell and it should work. I would go for a momentary type push button wired to the IG switch that ought to do it! :thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As i installed the led in the ignition keyhole, I examined peugeot's version of the so called smartra immobilizer system, it's mutliplexed, the two wire scenario, so it means there is no push button system for the peugeot cars as yet. Maybe my next car....

Acutally I'll investigate ones from a toyota or lexus and provide feedback if i'm successful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts