Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recommended to use a Purflux original filter on my 307.
Visually I see they are a zig zag paper design.

Wouldn't this increase the surface area significantly?

Is it the 1109CK filter I need for my 1.6 16v petrol (TU5 engine)?

Is the oil filter above the crankcase oil level? Want to change it without changing the oil.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
You want the biggest surface area you can get for any filter the more area the longer it will last.

Yes you can change the filter without the oil pouring out i think this is what you want to know the filter lid is loosened a few turns then leave it a couple of minutes to drain before lifting out

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want the biggest surface area you can get for any filter the more area the longer it will last.

Yes you can change the filter without the oil pouring out i think this is what you want to know the filter lid is loosened a few turns then leave it a couple of minutes to drain before lifting out

Great thank you :thumb:
Hopefully Peugeot can verify which filter I need tomorrow.

The cartridge type is a very small design for this engine, I was surprised when I removed it. The purflux zig zag paper design appears to be a very sensible design, thinking the flow at cold start up may also be improved.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any difference between the 1109CK and L398A?

I have received the L398A and have a 1109CK coming in the post. Both Purflux and cross refs are the same so I wonder where the difference is.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every paper oil filter I've ever used has had zigzag elements. The only oil filters I've come across that don't are mesh filters.
The Bosch, Mann and Crosland all have the vertical corrugated design for the TU5JP4 engine.
Purflux are the first ones I have seen with the zig zag design.

;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts