Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I have a 307 C 90 1.4L (KFU) (2005) that my local garage has diagnosed as needing a replacement BSM.
They are charging my £170 for the time taken just to find this fault so I'm trying to find a used (secondhand) one to help reduce costs.
Ive seen a few on eBay that look identical to mine but have a slightly different part number.
...So my question is: Do I need to match my part number exactly?

Hope someone can help, thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Are you sure they didnt say BSI?

Has it been scanned with Peugeot Planet diagnostic software?

It might be easier to send your original BSI unit away for repair, there are a few companies around that can repair them.

BSI unit stores the immobiliser & key codes, car configuration, mileage.

You cannot just get a 2nd hand BSI unit & plug it in to your car, its not that simple.

What diagnostic kit did the garage use to diagnose the fault with your car?
What is the actual fault / faults?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yes its the BSM/Fuse box under the bonnet.

I'm not sure on the specifics as the mechanic told me he had to pay for someone to come in and diagnose the car as his super expensive diagnostics would not communicate with the it.

It all started as an 'anti pollution fault' ... codes said it was coil pack, so i changed this put new plugs and few days later it just wouldn't start and windows wouldn't close. So Ive gone to other mechanic that's had it 4 days and says it needs a BSM.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If your car will not start at all the car goes into economy mode in this mode the windows will not work
1) with Key in Ignition turned on does the car make a bong sound with the door opened

2) Peugeots can be very particular regarding the right plugs .Are you sure you fitted the correct plugs ?

I suggest you find a member here with Planet/Lexia to run a test , Most members who have it charge beer tokens for a session , this will give a readout of the fault codes stored in the ECU which when posted here will get a better response

go here post whatever you wish http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/index398.html

then go here find a member with planet http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Used BSM does not need to match numbers wise but the b3 a4 c6 number must match as this is to do with cars spec and foglights functions etc.

Doubt an underbonnet fusebox will cause an antipollution fault though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for all the info!

The car does say economy mode on the display and does indeed make some kind of beep when turning the key to the first position. (cant remember if this is with door open or closed)

I also have the feeling that perhaps from so much messing with the car trying to fix this pollution fault (battery on and off 20 times, trying different diagnostic software, swapping coils, checking sensors ect. and the fact the car has been stood for 4 weeks) may have led to damaging the BSM and probably will still be left with the pollution fault :(

The car is stuck in the local garage now so I'm committed to letting them repair it.

As for the plugs I ordered these from eurocar parts after entering Her reg number so I guess they should be the right ones. hopefully.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thank for all the info!

The car does say economy mode on the display and does indeed make some kind of beep when turning the key to the first position. (cant remember if this is with door open or closed)

I also have the feeling that perhaps from so much messing with the car trying to fix this pollution fault (battery on and off 20 times, trying different diagnostic software, swapping coils, checking sensors ect. and the fact the car has been stood for 4 weeks) may have led to damaging the BSM and probably will still be left with the pollution fault :(

The car is stuck in the local garage now so I'm committed to letting them repair it.

As for the plugs I ordered these from eurocar parts after entering Her reg number so I guess they should be the right ones. hopefully.
Even though the car is in a local garage you can ask to access it to run a diagnostic especially if they do not have the proper diagnostic equipment as without Planet they could be charging/checking/changing parts at random

which is No way to fix a car really

What is your location ?

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Disconnecting the battery fixes NOTHING

It WILL LOOSE THE KEYCODES and cause non starting though !!

key in door open car should beep if it does not IT WILL NOT START.

economy mode is NOT an issue it will sort itself once engine starts then your windows will work again.

Lack of knowledge is making your car worse :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Disconnecting the battery fixes NOTHING

It WILL LOOSE THE KEYCODES and cause non starting though !!

key in door open car should beep if it does not IT WILL NOT START.

economy mode is NOT an issue it will sort itself once engine starts then your windows will work again.

Lack of knowledge is making your car worse :)
I would like to add the key in ignition but still turned off and then open drivers door, does it beep

·
Registered
196 Posts
It would help if you could get ahold of the fault codes found - if the mechanic had to call someone in then they presumably had Peugeot Planet and so the mechanic should have a list of the codes found.

That will narrow down the problem!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts