Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Have a small problem with my 407 SW, 2.2L Diesel on 56 plate.

Recently my engine became jerky especially on the 2nd gear on low revs. When pulled up on traffic lights noticed revs were going up and down by about 100 revs, the engine wasn't as responsive as usually at the time.

Got the car on the road today, run it for about an hour and cannot see any problem no more.

Anybody had this problem before? Visited the car wash couple of days before. Anything to do with that? Checked the ECU, no water there.

Few months back had full diagnostics done on it and the guy said there are some faulty signals going from the "glow plug module (relay)" to the ECU. Could this be a reason?

REgards

Thomas

·
5,087 Posts
It'll be the Egr valve, just buy a plate from ebay and blank it off.........................................simples :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks.
Is it at the front or back of the engine? How do I find it on ebay? Just peugeot 407 EGR blank?

·
5,087 Posts
It shows you on the ebay link

Not from a crappy apple product

·
5,087 Posts
yes i just saw it,so you blanked your egr and you now have the eml light on or a message on the display??

1: how long have you had your egr blanked
2: have you had the car on diag ??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just blanked it this morning. Had it in town and it went to limb mode. Msg appeard on the display also have an engine warning light on the dash. Had the car on the road once again and it got it's power back but light still on on the dash and msg on the display.
Didn't diagnose the car.
PDF filter fine, had it cleaned back in june.

·
5,087 Posts
well you are the first that i know of with the egr blanked that has thrown up a fault light, i do know if you unplug the egr rather than blanking it throws up a fault but only until you plug it back in.
Have you got pp to find out the fault codes or is there someone nearby with it?/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't got it myself and don't really know anyone that might have it :(.
Do you think that if I took the blank out that would make a difference or maybe I should unplug the EGR ang plug back in?

·
5,087 Posts
don't think its the blank that caused the fault, could you have disturbed any plugs etc while fitting the blank ?? Try removing the blank and see if it goes out

·
5,087 Posts
Gibbo is your nearest member with planet ( I think)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was very careful doing it so...
It's only a couple of screws. Will try to pull the plug out and if that doesn't help will take the blank out and see if this
But it's still strange that it came up right after the blanking...

·
12,141 Posts
Put things back to how they are and see how you get on, then consider getting a proper diagnostic check done.

I'm concerned at the vagueness of the glow plug error in your first post and no information about whether you did anything about it.

If your glow plugs aren't working properly, the car won't regenerate, the DPF will become blocked and you'll have all kinds of problems.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

There's me, or PAZ45 in Wigan, or MCDIG or Skem, who are close to you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts