Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

New to the forum but I've lurked for a while now sourcing various bits of info.

I own the dreaded and problematic 307 - 55 Plate 1.4 petrol. Drive belt (serpentine belt/alternator belt - whatever you like to call it) went the other day.

Checked the pulleys, all rotate fine (bar the crankshaft - engine has been running so I'm guessing that's fine: )

Quick and easy I thought. Slapped a new belt on. Dreaded Squealing begins and feel like it's little too slack. Auto-Tensioner seems fine, and is as it should be. Maybe I've been given wrong belt size, (6PCK 1070)

Also, when feeling the pulleys, the bottom (I'm assuming for PAS??) rotates as if it freewheels on itself. (The teeth can spin and also the actual pulley can too. I'll try and show it in an attached pic to be more clear) Does it need replacing?

(Can't post links yet due to low post count....joker!!!)

Cheers in advance.

· Registered
15,373 Posts
Think your talking about Air con pulley what you describe is normal IF you have aircon :)

Some have a small idler pulley these are adjustable too but not all have them if you are sure the routing of the belt is correct and the tensioner is fine and pulleys not loose i would just get a slightly smaller belt say 1060 something like that.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Think your talking about Air con pulley what you describe is normal IF you have aircon :)

Some have a small idler pulley these are adjustable too but not all have them if you are sure the routing of the belt is correct and the tensioner is fine and pulleys not loose i would just get a slightly smaller belt say 1060 something like that.
Ahh of course. I never use the AC :lol: I'm guessing it stops 'freewheeling' when the AC is engaged....Sorry I'm a sparks - more of a chancer when it comes to working on motors!
I can't post a pic, but there are 3 main pulleys (CS, Alternator and of course AIR CON) and the only other thing in there is the actual Auto tensioner itself. so I've not got much to work with in regards to routing the belt around.

Nothing seems out of place, loose, or bent. I got the belt just from a parts dealer after giving them my reg...So I'm guessing it's not unheard of for them to give me the wrong size belt???

Cheers for your reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.