Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am a newbie to the forum although not new to French marques. this is my 5th French car, a 508GT saloon.

received my car new in early April last year and on the 2nd day, the AM6 locked up. leaving the car in 6th gear only driving home . left the car overnight and by 3rd morning, after a km, it locked up on 2nd.

the AM6 had since being replaced and all seems ok now after 24KKm.

secondly, i am the very few using Euro2 diesel on this Euro5 engine. let see the effect of this re long term reliability/complication as this is the only grade of diesel available.

i am a DIY type. looking forward to more exchanges to keep our pug going.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to the forum startomatic.

All that warm weather must be tiring. If you are a gardener like me, you must love the climate. I'm jealous.:lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gardening

hello Clanless,

gardening i do! we have sparks in more than our pug then.

i grow all my table vege plus fruits.

we are blessed with 365 days of sunshine here. everyday is summer day.

i keep an old Lister or 2 for electricity and water irrigation duty too.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
365 days sunshine - yep, I'm jealous. It's raining and windy here in North Wales, UK. All bulbs and annuals planted up and ready to go, can't wait for Spring.

For the first time this year, I'm venturing into the world of veg - first attempt at some early potatoes. I'm sure they'll taste better than the shop spuds.:nod:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pug and gardening

Clanless,

drop me your email and i will send some pixs of my sweet potato cultivation. in the tropic, we plant an alternative tubar to your potato.

i dont think this is the right forum for gardening talks. cheers

·
5,071 Posts
Clanless,

drop me your email and i will send some pixs of my sweet potato cultivation. in the tropic, we plant an alternative tubar to your potato.

i dont think this is the right forum for gardening talks. cheers
why not start a new thread ?? i'm interested

·
11,984 Posts
Me too, always interested to hear from folk in other parts of the world and their day-to-day lives. The only time we get a snapshot is on the news when there's some tragedy.

You can be our collective pen-pal!

·
5,071 Posts
Or a 'Hobbies' section even,that way if you have a hobby(just realised 'J' is next to 'H' on the keyboard) and you want to share it,others can join in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm posting this just to get to the 1,000th post mark. Sad really. But not as sad as just having spent £410 to get the heap through the mot.

·
5,071 Posts
So,can moderators set up new sections - or it is a major issue that will take several months.
No Idea, if Gibbo or one of the others don't get a chance to look tonight :thumb::thumb: I'll have a look tomorrow

·
11,984 Posts
Nope, all we can do is edit, hide and delete posts or threads, we can't make new sections.

I was hoping to update the registration page to point users to a FAQ asking them to post an introduction before anything else, making sure their location was in their profile, and making sure the search facility is used before posting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tropics

gents, you asked for it.

i will give you an earful to come soon.:D

Malaysia is part of the commonwealth so we have nice bricks houses and roundabout just as you do in the UK.....except we have sunshine every day....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gardening Thread

Or a 'Hobbies' section even,that way if you have a hobby(just realised 'J' is next to 'H' on the keyboard) and you want to share it,others can join in.
Hi Trem

For those of us who live in Scotland, it is important to distinguish between the 'J' and the 'H' key :nod: Posting detail's of one's jobby and the need to rake it well into the soil could cause a modicum of confusion :thumb:

Mrs Marchie and I are refurbing a house in France and hope to emigrate - eventually (just started Year 4 of what I forecast to be a 6 months project ...).

We thought we had a large rear garden (350 sq metres) until we discovered that our next door neighbour uses 2 tractors to cultivate his patch (about 15 metres wide and over 100 metres long plus his mother-in-law's garden of a further 300+ square metres). He grows just about everything and in 2010 he (plus 4 other relatives in the village) grew enough grapes to produce 125 BARRELS of his own wine - tax free and quietly potent! For the 3 days they were treading the grapes, it was possible to get pissed just by breathing in whilst in the back garden :thumb:

Our efforts have been more modest - we got about 4 grapes this year and 2 of those were dodgy :lol: Gardening activities will increase this year as building work reduces - we hope!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts