Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I experienced this "Economy Mode" display on the LCD screen this morning.

What does it really mean? I have searched for info online everywhere but I do not seem to get a definitive answer apart from "maybe the battery is a goner", " you have 30 minutes of bla bla bla to function" etc.

Apart from the message display, the 508 runs fine.........no power lag whatsoever.

Looks like the Pug is more complicated than my two Italians in the garage :D

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Economy mode is peugeots way of conserving battery power nothing more

IF your battery is old and tired it will come up more often hence the logic that if it comes on you may need a battery

It does not affect the car in any way and if it only comes up occasionally its not an issue it can sometimes come up when you stall the car or if it has been cranked a while to start etc

The other thing it does which is the 30 min thing you mention is if you are listening to the radio it will turn it off after a certain time this time is based on how good your battery is if its good it will allow the radio to play for longer before turning off The bsi is sensing the batterys voltage for this and once it drops to a certain point it turns off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was getting this every morning, only getting max 5 minutes of radio before powering off, however, car started ok. Decided to go ahead and buy a new battery, never seen this message since. If you start to see this message more often, then the only fix is a new battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get this with my new 508 it is a battery saving mode, if your journey is under 10 minutes then the power will switch off after 5 minutes,if he journey is over 10 minutes the eco mode with not shut down for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I was getting this every morning, only getting max 5 minutes of radio before powering off, however, car started ok. Decided to go ahead and buy a new battery, never seen this message since. If you start to see this message more often, then the only fix is a new battery.
Not necessarily. You also need to test that the alternator is charging sufficiently to replace what you take out of the battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts