Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there people i currently drive a 4x4 frontera and have an early volvo 440 turbo which is soon to be sold for a large amount of cash so the missus is happy ive been offered a s reg pug 406 executive turbo in blue cream leathers etc for a deal involving my jeep problem i have is theres not much service history and it has 150 odd thousand miles on the clock so boys and gals what should i be looking for etc and how tunable are thees turbos as my volvo was so easy to tune from 120 bhp to 175bhp with not much outlay :thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
the hoff said:
hi there people i currently drive a 4x4 frontera and have an early volvo 440 turbo which is soon to be sold for a large amount of cash so the missus is happy ive been offered a s reg pug 406 executive turbo in blue cream leathers etc for a deal involving my jeep problem i have is theres not much service history and it has 150 odd thousand miles on the clock so boys and gals what should i be looking for etc and how tunable are thees turbos as my volvo was so easy to tune from 120 bhp to 175bhp with not much outlay :thumb:
Hi there and welcome to the forum :yay2:

The 406 tends to be pretty problem free. Shame about lack of history though. Would be well worth your time finding out if all recall work has been done ,the last time i looked there had been 14 recalls for the 406.

Try to ensure you start the engine from cold on your test drive. Theres also the known weakness of this family of engines the timing belt.

Make sure its been changed every 30,000 miles or it may snap without warning, seizing the engine. It costs about £100 to replace much cheaper than a new engine.

Build quality is very good ,electrics are reliable (by french standards)
I have owned 2 myself and they never let me down

It hasnt been used as a taxi has it? they are a ten a penny here.

As for tuning the turbo i have never done one so cant help you there sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts