Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Newbie here! I have a friend with a 307sw. She's had it since new (2002) and quite likes the car.

The other day, the boot lid wouldn't open and hasn't been able to since then! I've checked the Micro Switch and you can still hear it contacting, i think the electric contacts have been covered, but not knowing how it works i'm not sure.

So my question to all you Peugeot Forum People, is how do i get the boot open again, without the switch working!

Many thanks. Edd

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you cant get the trim off from the inside then you will need someone with Peugeot Planet to do a actuation test to open it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem last week. You have to get in the boot and take off the trim that covers the inside of the door. If you look and the latch part of the lock it should have a small hole in it to the upper left hand side. If you insert a small screwdrive in the hole you can lever the lock open. The other way is to pull the plug of the back of the handle and use a piece of wire and use it to touch the terminals in the plug to trigger the motor. Both worked for me. The plug way also confirmed to me that it was the switch and not the motor. The switch is easy to replace, just un -bolt the handle from the door and take it apart. A new switch is about £23 from a pug dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts