Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Hi - and welcome Jizzy.

There are a few guys around that have decatted an HDI, so I am sure one will be along soon to comment!

David

Edit: just noticed the post date.... and I found this post after using the new post quick link...

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
will answer anyway david ,

1-decated a 1.4hdi no major improvement ,(maybe a couple bhp)

2-no emissions test in northern ireland so pass there, fail in england and scotland , don`t no wales and maybe risky1 has a idea about southern ireland.

·
Registered
503 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
will answer anyway david ,

1-decated a 1.4hdi no major improvement ,(maybe a couple bhp)

2-no emissions test in northern ireland so pass there, fail in england and scotland , don`t no wales and maybe risky1 has a idea about southern ireland.
Hi betty,
The Nct centres (national car test) do carry out emissions tests in S-Ireland but not sure what the measure for...:confused:
if you look a page 13 it gives a brief discription of the smoke test...http://www.ncts.ie/nctmanual.pdf
hope it helps....:) Ron

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
risky1 said:
Hi betty,
The Nct centres (national car test) do carry out emissions tests in S-Ireland but not sure what the measure for...:confused:
if you look a page 13 it gives a brief discription of the smoke test...http://www.ncts.ie/nctmanual.pdf
hope it helps....:) Ron
Hi Ron - this was here for a while but everyone kept falling out with the guys in the mot centers because they were reving the shit out of the cars, looked like someone was going to start a fight with the examiners so they decided to scrap it , thank f*ck.

G

·
Only one I decatted was a 406 HDi, and it did make the pickup a touch brisker. you really need a remap to extract the best from such a mod.

It's won't affect the MOT in the UK - the only diesel emissions test checks for smoke (farticulates) and the cat makes zilch difference to this, and mine sailed though several years running with nary a raised eyebrow.

G

·
I did mine a couple of weeks ago, as the old one was blocking and power was miniscule as a result.

Now, its like a new car!

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.