Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time poster, I had a question and hopefully the forum can help :)

Recently purchased a 307 and I was on way to work today and when I was reversing I noticed my rear driver side light was out, I did alil digging for info and checked the front to see that was out also, I checked blubs and both are fine, I checked fuses and F12 had gone so I replaced it and as I went to turn lights on I heard a pop, it has popped the same fuse, is there any connecting fuses I need to check or is it just bad luck lol

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi, first time poster, I had a question and hopefully the forum can help :)

Recently purchased a 307 and I was on way to work today and when I was reversing I noticed my rear driver side light was out, I did alil digging for info and checked the front to see that was out also, I checked blubs and both are fine, I checked fuses and F12 had gone so I replaced it and as I went to turn lights on I heard a pop, it has popped the same fuse, is there any connecting fuses I need to check or is it just bad luck lol

Thanks

Martin
sounds like a wire is shorting somewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the best way to go about that ? Cars I can handle but electrics are pretty much foreign to me lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you have the technical resources use a bulb as a fuse so your not wasting fuses.
try removing the bulbs first to see if the problem is a bulb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I originally thought it was the bulbs so I checked both rear lights and the driver side and all bulbs looked fine, I had a blown one which I replaced as I thought that was the original problem but seems a lot worse now :-/

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would try another new bulb or try the bulbs from the other side to eliminate the fact that you may have bought a faulty bulb.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Remove both front and rear bulbs then replace fuse if its ok its a bulb issue if it still blows its wiring you can isolate the back circuit at the bsi cant remember which plug though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, will have a go at that in the daylight and fingers crossed, I did swap the blubs and it had no effect so next step I'll remove them and replace fuse then see...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts