Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, having major problems with my pug 307 2.0 hdi 110, this is on an 02 plate, firstly the dpf filter was blocked- had it removed but as yet not remapped, reason being is i dont think the turbo is working, the dpf warning lights keep coming on ie-antipollution fault- esp not responding, my son has bought peugeot planet & can turn the fault lights off but the turbo still doesent seem to kick in, i dont want to waste money getting it remapped if the turbo is not working, any ideas on the best way to test it? or anybody that i can bring the car to for expert opinion please? i am based in north wales but dont mind travelling a bit, any info would be greatly recieved on this as i am on the verge of wrapping it round the biggest tree i can find!!
cheers, gordon.:mad:

·
Registered
437 Posts
When you say you've had the DPF removed what do you mean?

Do you mean the DPF has been replaced with a new one? or gutted out? or replaced with a link pipe?

What was the car like before the DPF work?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, dpf was gutted, it was totally clogged m8, could see through about 2 pinholes!, car was the same beforehand, hope this helps, cheers for the reply, gordon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm no turbo expert but without the trade mark smoke I'd be looking at the DPF again.

With a gutted DPF and no no ECU/BSI mods the differential pressure sensor will be reading no reduction in flow through the DPF and will then log as a fault I.e. Unblock diesel filter / Anti pollution / Limp mode etc because if the car thinks the DPF is blocked you will get very little turbo spool and it's like driving against a brick wall.

If you have Planet and already have a gutted DPF then I'd say you're already 95% of the way towards a full De-fap.

Have a look in the maintenance section you'll find a huge thread on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking in the maintenance thread i think i need a galletto to get the original ecu file yes? might be a bit above me this!, would quite happily buy the galletto if its that straight forward though, as i read it i need to get the original file - post it in the forum- then re[place it with a modded file yes? sorry if i sound thick!!:confused:, cheers, gordon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes you've got the gist of it but i doubt you'll find anyone to mod your map anymore, mostly because no-one wants to be responsible for someone elses car.

To mod the file you need ecusafe. There are other ways but these are reserved for mappers who know how to mod maps manually.

Also someone else may come along with other ideas on why your turbo doesn't seem to be working.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi windy- just tried to open the link but it wont open for some reason?- thanks for your time m8. gordon.

·
5,812 Posts

·
5,812 Posts
What are you trying to open file with? Should open with KWP2000+ or similar flashing software as a file to upload to ECU.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why on earth are you simply disabling the DPF error and clearing fault codes? If you actually READ the error codes the car will tell you what's wrong with it.

When my turbocharger hoses were leaking I got a DPF error, and when I read the faults peugeot planet said "Turbocharging pressure too low".

If your turbo is bung you will almost certainly this error message.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts