Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -just wondering if someone could help just recently bought a 05 307 1.6HDI. Been told its had a new turbo, problem is on Dash its says Depollution system faulty and there is a yellow triangle on the dash. Its starts first time, when I rev it to 3000rpm, the needle fluctuates and dosent go any further and there is black smoke. I havent code read it yet, though I am I right in assuming the dpf isnt blocked as there wouldnt be smoke coming out of exhaust, plus it says occasionally on the dash risk of dpf blocking. Does anybody know what it might be? I am thinking EGR:)

D

·
0 Posts
New turbo usually spells disaster for this engine. They go for a reason, namely very poor servicing.
Get a diagnostic check done and check the turbo shaft as it may have failed again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New turbo usually spells disaster for this engine. They go for a reason, namely very poor servicing.
Get a diagnostic check done and check the turbo shaft as it may have failed again.
Hi Thanks for advice

I took the the Turbo pipe the one that sucks air in while engine was running when i put my hand on the inlet side of turbo casing i felt suction. Does that mean Turbos okay also I noticed a significant amount of metal filings near alternator maybe to do with old Turbo problem. I have a snapon verdict at work do you think it will pull up any codes even though engine managment light is not on its just got the yellow triangle on?

Theres no blue smoke when it reach 3000rpm its just black. How can I check the turbo properly do i have to strip the other side so I can get to the impeller side on the exhaust and then grab one side of the shaft while holding the other end to see if its snapped or is there some other way?

Thanks

Abz

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there any movement in the shaft on the intake?

Have you checked the boost pipes, they maybe full of oil if the old turbo had exhaust sill failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pug 307hdi revs at 3000 then fluctuates and black smoke from exhaust

You need to check the shaft of the turbo with the engine off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hello

Checked turbo shaft, there is no play and it turns freely, there is black carbonised on the pipe that fits on it, possibly from breather. What else could it be? it its a bit shaky at idle, could it be EGR?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peugeot 307 Hdi overheating issue and PO422

Hi Thanks for advice

Having some serious concerns whether the engine is damaged. I tried scanning my 307 1.6 Hdi 05. It came up with fault code P0422 Maximum numbers regenerations for DPF regen aborted. The main concern is the smoke coming from under the bonnet around the turbo area. When I hold it a 3000 with vehicle stationary it used to fluctuate but after a while of holding it starts to clear it then goes past to 5k seems to rev normally. but if you hold it at 4k for a few minutes the temp gauge goes into the red and smoke comes out from under bonnet and the stop light comes and then engine overheats and cuts out, it then starts normally when it cools down a little, just concerned why i never heard the fan cut in. Is the engine goosed?:confused:

D

·
0 Posts
Now that is common. Whoever refitted the particle filter didnt fit it correctly. Its not making a good seal to the flange of the turbo. They tightened up the lower mounting studs before making sure the seal between the turbo and particle filter were sealed properly. Muppets!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pug 307hdi Overheated

Hi Thanks for the advice

Would it cause the temp gauge to go into the red and then smoke start coming out around turbo. Would this cause the cooling fan not to cut in? If its been over the red and the engine has stalled will it be damaged? The heater inside the car was red hot and there is no emulsification in the expansion tank> just concerned as it overheated twice that the engines goosed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts