Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO I NEED HELP

MY HEATER CONTROL UNIT HAS STOPPED WORKING . FIRSTLY ONE SETTING STOPPED WORKING AND THEN TWO WEEKS LATER IT ALL STOPPED

THE CONTROL UNIT HAS THREE BUTTONS ON IT WHICH ALL WORK ( AIR CON, HEATED REAR WINDOW AND ANOTHER ONE TO STOP AIR FROM COMING INTO THE CAR I THINK) I HAVE SWAPPED THE FAN UNIT WITH A FRIENDS -THIS DIDNT WORK AND I HAVE SWAPPED THE CONTROL UNIT -ALSO DIDNT WORK .
THE FUSES ARE OK SO WHAT ELSE IS THERE .

MANY THANKS :confused:

·
Registered
862 Posts
unclepeter1 said:
HELLO I NEED HELP

MY HEATER CONTROL UNIT HAS STOPPED WORKING . FIRSTLY ONE SETTING STOPPED WORKING AND THEN TWO WEEKS LATER IT ALL STOPPED

THE CONTROL UNIT HAS THREE BUTTONS ON IT WHICH ALL WORK ( AIR CON, HEATED REAR WINDOW AND ANOTHER ONE TO STOP AIR FROM COMING INTO THE CAR I THINK) I HAVE SWAPPED THE FAN UNIT WITH A FRIENDS -THIS DIDNT WORK AND I HAVE SWAPPED THE CONTROL UNIT -ALSO DIDNT WORK .
THE FUSES ARE OK SO WHAT ELSE IS THERE .

MANY THANKS :confused:

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

In most cases it's the resistor that blows,the resistor can be found in the top of the heater box below the central display.the only way to remove it is to
remove the glove box then remove heater fan
feel in side the heat box and locate the resistor,give it a 1/4 turn and pull it downwards ,unplug the connector and remove the resistor.
test the resistors with a multimeter (the resistor is in the earth side of the heater wiring)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

ABSOLUTLY SPOT ON PART COST £36 INC VAT- SAVED ME AN EXPENSIVE DIAGNOSTIC TEST AND EXPENSIVE LABOUR COST .

UNCLE PETER WANTS YOUR BABIES :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
the moose said:
We aim to please,happy to have been of help mate.:D
Hi i have a peugeot 307 hdi 2003, with air con, the speed control for the heater/aircon only works in position 2 & 3? will the problem be the heater motor ressister? the heater motor? or the control pannel its self? And how can i repair the problem?

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Most likely the resistor, follow moose's advice and check this bit first :thumb:

B

·
0 Posts
Pugs9797 said:
Hi i have a peugeot 307 hdi 2003, with air con, the speed control for the heater/aircon only works in position 2 & 3? will the problem be the heater motor ressister? the heater motor? or the control pannel its self? And how can i repair the problem?

Thanks

Not sure anyone wants any more babies though... :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Resistor

Do you mean resistor, or a fuse normally resistors are soldered never seen one that comes out like it says. Could be wrong anyway am I right in thinking that if this resistor blows the motor has no earth hence why it does'nt work. If so maybe another earth could make the problem a lot simpler to fix in the future...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar problem

Hi I have a similar problem where my fan doesn't work at all! The difference is that the recirculation and A/C button on my controller don't seem to do anything (no light)! The recirculation wont even move the flap near the resistor!

Does this mean that the problem is with my resistor or is it another problem?

My fan works when i put 12v to it!

The cause of my problem originated from having to take out my battery. Could this have caused another issue? Does the BSI control the fans etc? As when I reconnected the battery my key fob didn't work and this is controlled by the BSI. I have since reprogrammed my fob.

Thanks for your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts