Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.... I've just signed up to the forum and this is my first post.
I bought my 207cc in November last year. My wife has a 206cc and I've just changed the rear disks and pads on that one, which went very well. I don't know if the brake fluid in the 206 has ever been changed and same with my 207.

I searched the owners handbooks and the Haynes manuals to find out what brake fluid to use (DOT4 seems to be the answer) but I can't find any info about "capacity" so I don't know how much DOT4 to buy. Can anyone tell me the brake fluid capacity of both the 206cc and the 207cc please?

Many thanks and kind regards.....
Kenzo

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can't actually say I've ever seen the capacity of a braking system quoted but I'm sure its in the manufacturers data somewhere. I generally buy a litre of brake fluid for a complete change as 500ml is a little bit shy for flushing the system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't actually say I've ever seen the capacity of a braking system quoted but I'm sure its in the manufacturers data somewhere. I generally buy a litre of brake fluid for a complete change as 500ml is a little bit shy for flushing the system.
Hi Renegade,
thanks for the update. A friend went onto the Castrol website and typed in the 206cc registration. The site says the capacity for the 206 braking system is one liter. It's probably a bit less, but it will most likely more than 500ml so you are spot on there !

Unfortunately, there was no info about the 207cc brake capacity.
If I get 2x one liter tubs, there should be enough to do both cars. After I've done it, I'll post the results here.

Kenzo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't be tempted to keep what's left for future use as the brake fluid can absorb moisture from the air once the seal on the tin has been broken which reduces the effectiveness.
Thanks Storeman,
I'll do both cars at the same time so that I won't be tempted to keep some "on the shelf". :)

Kenzo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts