Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an understanding of what the 2 fakra connectors on the back of the radio are for, i am trying to upgrade to a double din unit, i have bought a fakra adapter cable but not sure which one should be connector.

on the back of my head unit i have 2 fakra connectors, one white and the other grey, which one is required for the antenna. i take it i will have to buy a dual twin adapter to connect to aftermarket radio then ???

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have worked it out, one is antenna and the other is a antenna boost, so if you are upgrading to an aftermarket radio you will need to get a dual fakra to single din converter with boost on it in order to connect to an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure if thats correct, as i have just acquired a manual and its saying 1 is for Aerial and the other connector is a booster for the Aerial, as i don't see one on the windscreen only a roof aerial. :looky:

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
The radios have different settings for normal antenna or amplified antenna not many have the 2 plugs most are 1 plug but cars with no external antenna always have 2 plug radios as they use the heated rear as an antenna so feed for amp is probably correct.

Just to add more confusion the sat nav radios have 3 sometimes 4 connectors :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought a double fakra connection to single connector but it comes with a boost line connected to it, does this need to be powered as a booster or would it actually cause interference if i am connecting both fakra connectors and adding 12volts to the booster line??, and my misses car definitely has the externally mounted roof antenna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts