Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I own a pug 205 1995 1.1 ltr
Although it's very nippy I'm always looking to see how / if I can upgrade the acceleration or performance of the vehicle.
Any ideas?

Thanks Harley

·
Registered
4 Posts
1- check engine condition and parts to sure about engine works at maximum performance, check fuel pressure, pressure in all cylinders and ...

2- its a small engine and i think you don't need spent too much or get much power so don't need any change on exhaust and transmission system
3- upgrade ignition system, change spark plugs an i suggest bosch or ngk platinum or iridium (best one is bosch fusion ir)
also you can change ignition coil with performance one and also ignition wires
4- use a performance air filter (brands are JR filters, KN filters, green filters, bmc filters)
there are 2 types of filters, replacement (in filter box) and conical (without box) replacement filters install same as original filter and wont increase engine sound and power will increase a little
to install conical filters you have to remove filter box and attach the filter to the intake pipes, it will increase sound and power

·
Registered
909 Posts
Throw the 1.4 lump in, it look the same but will give you more performance.
There is not a lot that can be done with that 1.1 engine without throwin money at it, i have 3 peugeot with that engine in from 1992 205 with a carb, a 1996 106 with single point injection and a 2003 206 with 4 injectors. The 205 felt the fastest out of them all.
Give your car a good service with genuine filters and quality oil, that will be of more benefit than any after market air filter or octane booster.
Clean out all the unnecessary weight out of the car to improve mpg and acceleration, also check tyre pressures etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. I shall definitely try some of these out .
Service and good plugs. And cold air intake system for starters.

Have raced it with and with out the back seats in and tbh it was slower with the seats out ! Haha. Thanks for your reply. Will keep u posted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts