Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have brought my first car, 2004 Puegot 206. Ever since I got it I have done a major service on it few weeks later I had a belt come undone and needed to replace my timing belt, then when I got it back from the mechanic shop I had a situation that I am very confused with I have never seen it nor heard anyone else experienced. I hopped in my car about a day after coming back from the mechanic who replaced a timing belt and drove to the shop around the corner. Got out turned the ignition off the engine turned off, but not any of the lights
Every light came on, my radio was beeping but stopped when I pressed the button to turn the radio off, petrol was at empty and the P D N R screen was pixelated. I drove it home ( it drove fine just the lights were all on and the gear box screen wasn't showing up the letters )
Ever since I have had this car ( 3 months ) ( it has been out of use for 2 ) it has been multiple problems and I keep trying to fix
Eventually the lights turned off but that was result of a completely dead battery. I would like to fix the car to sell it to someone who hopefully has better luck than me.... has this happened to anyone else? And is it a cheap fix (hopefully) as I'm trying to save for a new car. Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
first thing i would check i think would the earth leads from battery to the engine and to the body..maybe take them off and clean them up..

failing that maybe a bsi reset but i dont think its that but wont do any harm as long as you wait the appropiates times when disconnecting the battery

or as willnz suggests water ingress or wiring fault somewhere

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If your lights ran down the battery, it probably just needs recharging. Buying a new one before recharging and testing the old may be money needlessly spent.

Borrow a battery charger, then, if you can drive the car, take it to a battery shop and get it tested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.