Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post up a few pictures of the progress so far on my 206 GTI HDI project car. This started off as a guinea pig for the 1.6 HDI remaps and then I began to quite like the engine.
They really aren't as bad as they are made out to be once the DPF system is out of the way. My initial aim was to get 200 BHP out of it as this is a nice round number.

To start I always like to upgrade the brakes on my car. Here I went for the calipers from a 307 XSI, 302mm grooved EBC discs with EBC green stuff pads. Luckily these just fit under the stock 16" alloys.

Next I decided to upgrade the intercooler. To me it was important to keep the AC. The black plastic bumper bracket takes a lot of space so I designed a bracket to mount both the intercooler and the bumper and had this laser cut.
Also shown here is a slimline fan which fitted inside the original fan hole giving me another couple of inches of space.

Here's a picture with the intercooler in place. It's pretty big but with a bit of dremel trimming I got the bumper back on.

Here's a shot with the bumper back on:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1.6 HDI Continued

Next I started to size up the turbo and think of a way of getting it under the bonnet. The turbo I chose was a GT2052V. This is a VNT turbo from a 2.5 TDI Audi. This 'should' be good for 200BHP easily.

Next I designed a manifold adaptor and had the parts laser cut and then welded together. This allowed the turbo to fit under the bonnet by switching the actuator to that of the original GT1544V, however it would rub by about 5mm. To get around this, the left engine mount and the lower engine mount were dropped, some of the mounting area on top of the turbine housing was cut off as this was no longer required.

For the oil feed the original pipe and banjo bolt just about fitted with a bit of persuasion. The oil drain was replaced with a new pipe a tiny bit longer. Here's a shot of the turbo down pipe which has been heat wrapped to keep the heat away from the radiator and intercooler holes. The rest of the exhaust is currently straight through.

I also wrapped the turbine side with fibre glass heat shielding.

So far the injectors are stock and I am using a 3 Bar MAP sensor from a BMW. Next to go on is a solid flywheel and a helix paddle clutch. Currently it's running 200BHP worth of fuel at 5000 RPM but I've yet to put it on a dyno as I want to fit the new clutch and bring the torque up a lot more. Seems to be quite quick and good fun to drive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very impressed with your work. I have a 1.6hdi 307 thats been remapped and DPF deleted and EGR blanked.

Now i got to strip and rebuild the top end and a few other bits like sump.. once its all rebuilt and working im then going to start cleaning up the bay by shifting away with the stock intercooler and front mounting a shiney new one just like you.. then i may look at a stage 2 map just before an other harsh mods.

Good luck and i hope to see more uploads from you. Hope u dont mind i saved 2 photos on my phone of your car (one without cooler and one with) just for a scrapbook of ideas for my pig lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No that's fine. I've got a 307 1.6 here that I'm selling to a friend soon who wants to do the same setup, if I do it before you I'll try to design a similar type of bracket, it makes it so much easier to get the intercooler on. There's a massive amount of space behind the bumper on the 307 too so it shouldn't be much of a challenge.

I'll get some performance videos up as soon as I get a chance to give the car a little clean.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for replying swiftly bud.

yeah id be dead greatful if when you design a bracket for the 307 if you could share a design that i could follow. Im quite mechanically minded when it comes to things like this.. "the aftermarket of aftermarkets lol".

Id defo like to see some videos as i dont see many pug related videos on youtube its all normally big 2.5L engines plus.. when i rebuild my engine il be videoing everything and the initial start up.

good fun

merry christmas

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the results:

210 BHP @ 4875 RPM
338Nm torque (249 Lbf.ft) @ 4025 RPM
This was with the dual mass flywheel still in place and a black diamond fast road kevlar clutch. I bought the torque in very slowly and the clutch/flywheel held on. This was originally a preliminary run before fitting the new clutch but as I got the figures I was after I will leave it where it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fantastic!!! I have a 407 I'd like to upgrade :D

I have a few Q's :D

How did u attach the 2052 to the pug manifold?

How did you setup the actuator and adjust it correctly?

How did you reroute the charged air without going the the silencer?

Looks like a great fun 206 :D

What ECU update did u do? I really want rid of my egr / dpf system. I have planet is it hard to do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Id love to know how you set up the actuator for the bigger turbo. Looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it wouldn't fit under the bonnet with the original actuator, so I used and actuator from a gt1544v and then had to set it up to suit. In hind sight it would be much better to have made a complete custom manifold and then keep the turbo a bit lower and keep the original actuator. In my opinion the smaller actuator was not strong enough to control the VNT mechanism of this big turbo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I set one up with a TF035, see my other thread. So much better to drive as it spools earlier. More responsive and more useable torque. 200 BHP and 380Nm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts