Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the help with programming my RD4 radio but I one more question please.

I cannot get the radio to see a Yatour USB reader. I have enabled the Aux input 1 and Aux input 2 inputs via the PP2000 and these now show up on the Source menu on the radio but I hear nothing.

Is there something else I should be doing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Programming tatour interface

Hi, when my yatour interface is playing through Pug 308 RD4 unit it is blank on central display. I can scroll through radio, aux 1, aux 2, then blank. It is this 4th one which is blank that it plays music from the yatour.W hen I first had it enabled I thought it would be played through aux1 or 2, but there was no sound, :confused:but when I scrolled to this blank display ,there was sound playing from the yatour (mp3 on a memory card/stick). :thumb:It operates via stalk control but doesn't show whats playing. hope this makes sense n hope it helps.:lol:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The Yatour interface presents itself to the RD3 / RD4 units as a CD Changer. You need to enable the CD changer with PP2000. Once this is done the Yatour will be recognised.

The Yatour on my RD3 fools the head unit that there are 9 virtual CD's each containing a maximum of 99 tracks. This is because there is a single digit for the CD number and two digits for track number.

The SD Card / USB stick has 9 folders named CD01......CD09 with each folder containing 99 tracks. If there are more than 99 tracks the extra tracks do not get played. The same goes for folders. I tried it with 15 folders but once it played the 99th track in the folder CD09 it started back on the folder named CD01 totally ignoring the folders named CD10 - CD15.

Unless you actually have any aux inputs you may as well disable them once you have enabled the CD changer which will save you needing to scroll through them to get to the source you wish to use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much everyone that has got back to me.

My problem is that I cannot find a CD enable option. I expect it is a tall order to expect people to remember the procedure they went through but just in case:

Unser radio config I see nothing to do with inputs and outputs

Under radio inputs and outputs config I see options for aerial and Aux 1 and Aux 2 etc but the only CD rference I see is for CD text to be displayed.

If i go back to the CD selection (instead of radio) I get a message that the ECU has not replied.

Does that ring any bells for anyone?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
From memory, you need to go into the BSI and tell the system that a CD changer is fitted. Once that is done you can go into the radio ecu and enable the CD changer option. It's been over a year since I did mine so memory is a little fuzzy.

It will come up with cd changer ecu communication errors when you run a scan but these can be safely ignored.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having had chance to use the Yatour interface, it certainly does what I needed it to. The only criticisms would be that it is much quieter than the radio and I seem to have a blank display which will make track identification challenging. I have arranged the tracks in CD folders as advised but I am seeing nothing on the diplay

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have exactly the same symptoms, as you navsail, but as of yet I have not hooked up the pp2000 to enable this. So I guess that is the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Having had chance to use the Yatour interface, it certainly does what I needed it to. The only criticisms would be that it is much quieter than the radio and I seem to have a blank display which will make track identification challenging. I have arranged the tracks in CD folders as advised but I am seeing nothing on the diplay

Hi Navsail,

I am trying to do what you have done , RE: enable the CD changer on the 308 so i can use the Yatour device.

I dont have much experience with pp2000.

Is there any chance you remember some of the steps/ folders that you took to enable it ?

I am finding ti quite difficult to find this information online.

Any help/suggestions would be amazing !

All the Best,
Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts