Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

When I bought my car there was only a plip key with no remote control. I would like to have a flip key with remote control.
At my peugeot dealer they ask for € 180,- for a new key.
I find this to be too expensive for a key, so I started looking further.
In the end I ordered a key with ASK signal in China for a few euros.

My first question: Has one of you previously ordered a key from china and got it working?

My second question: Is it possible to synchronize remote control without programming the key?
If this is possible, I want to use my plip key temporarily to start the car and flip key for remote control.

Peugeot 307 2006 CAN

Thanks you

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
As I understand it, the remote cannot function unless the key is programmed to the car.

EDIT: What do you mean by "only a plip key"? Surely a plip key IS a remote control key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I understand it, the remote cannot function unless the key is programmed to the car.

EDIT: What do you mean by "only a plip key"? Surely a plip key IS a remote control key.
I only have a reserve key. Looks like a plip but without the remote buttons

So someone with a pp2000 could program the new key I bought from China to the car. After that I can synchronize the remote keys?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You will need the four digit security code, which comes on a card with the car when new. If you don't have it, a Peugeot dealer can provide it at a charge, or a car locksmith with the appropriate tool can get it out of the BSI.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes - chinese keys do work.

No - you can't synchronise the key without programming it.

You can take the blade out of your old key and put it into the new key - its held in by a small bar which you can easily pop out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts