Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm hoping someone in the know could help as i've read all threads I can find on the subject and still cant quite get this right.

I decided to create myself a spare key. Got the transponder code and mechanical key cutting codes from Bettyswolloks and have put together a spare key.

I used a second hand PCB, a new ID46 transponder, new battery and new blade.

Successfully changed number of keys in planet from 1 to 2 and coded the transponders in both old and new key.

Now both keys will physically unlock the doors and both will start the car but only the original will remote lock/unlock.

I have tried two PCB's in the new key and tried learning the fobs using the standard method given in planet and I've tried learning the new then the old and the other way around but still only the original will do the remote locking/unlocking.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever tried a new PCB board ?
No. From what I've read I thought it was possible to use second hand on the original 307.

When the first one wouldn't work I thought it was dud so bought another off an ebay seller who apparently tests them on an RF tester so was expecting it to work.

Also checked the numbers on the PCB boards on both keys and they match.

I'm stumped???

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Seems to be the only thing , since key is starting the car the transponder and your coding is ok ,
just leaves the circuit board , did you try swapping your good one over :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. Tried that and no go.

Also hooked Planet back up and tried learning keys again followed immediately by learning the remote fobs but still no joy which is annoying as I've read that others have managed to use second hand keys by replacing the transponder.

I guess I'm just gonna leave the spare key as a non remote. At least I now have a spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts