Peugeot Forums banner

programming key help urgent please !!!

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  manu_cyb 
#1 ·
hi all , my friend came today with the PP2000 and we are trying to programme key number 2 ! i had the blade from peugeot and had the fob from ebay but did not have a virgin transponder can i over write on that transponder or do i need a new 1 ?? i have the codes etc for my car .

we got the car started with the new key but when it was plugged into PP2000 it would not let us save ?!

on the screen it says only 1 key is learnt

any ideas please ? ?/:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Apologies for butting in but am I correct in thinking a new transponder will allow the key to be coded to start the car (transponder talks to immobiliser) but the circuitry in a used key fob cannot be re-programmed to enable the remote lock/unlock functionality of the fob? For this you would need a virgin fob which usually can only be had direct from Peugeot?

G
#7 ·
Yes your right,

if you could find the same transponder as on the circuit board and replace it in theory the remote can be re-uesd, but as yet i haven't been able to find transponders that fit the board only the loose ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.