Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , my friend came today with the PP2000 and we are trying to programme key number 2 ! i had the blade from peugeot and had the fob from ebay but did not have a virgin transponder can i over write on that transponder or do i need a new 1 ?? i have the codes etc for my car .

we got the car started with the new key but when it was plugged into PP2000 it would not let us save ?!

on the screen it says only 1 key is learnt

any ideas please ? ?/:rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Apologies for butting in but am I correct in thinking a new transponder will allow the key to be coded to start the car (transponder talks to immobiliser) but the circuitry in a used key fob cannot be re-programmed to enable the remote lock/unlock functionality of the fob? For this you would need a virgin fob which usually can only be had direct from Peugeot?

C

·
0 Posts
Apologies for butting in but am I correct in thinking a new transponder will allow the key to be coded to start the car (transponder talks to immobiliser) but the circuitry in a used key fob cannot be re-programmed to enable the remote lock/unlock functionality of the fob? For this you would need a virgin fob which usually can only be had direct from Peugeot?
Yes your right,

if you could find the same transponder as on the circuit board and replace it in theory the remote can be re-uesd, but as yet i haven't been able to find transponders that fit the board only the loose ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi all , phoned peugeot today and they said they dont just do the transponder chips have to buy the top part of the key as well £45+ vat !! :eek:

are they robbing gits or what !!!!

C

·
0 Posts
hi all , phoned peugeot today and they said they dont just do the transponder chips have to buy the top part of the key as well £45+ vat !! :eek:

are they robbing gits or what !!!!
I can get 20 transponders for less than that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes your right,

if you could find the same transponder as on the circuit board and replace it in theory the remote can be re-uesd, but as yet i haven't been able to find transponders that fit the board only the loose ones.
Are you sure the transponder chip is the issue of the non-working second hand remote? Like the original one given by factory would also have information about the remote?

Or should it be the fact that there are 4 types of remote and the correct one must be chosen within BSI configuration? (that's for the case of the old style remotes, not for the flip style). The part codes given by service box are:
6554 YL - no factory fitted fog lights
6554 YQ - no factory fitted fog lights (improved, MY 2006/2007 ->)
6554 YR - with factory fitted fog lights
6554 YV - with factory fitted fog lights (improved, MY 2006/2007 ->)

I presumed that one just have to find the right type corresponding to the used key he bought. Unfortunately, in my case, I tried with all 4 of them with no success so far (could be a hardware failure, I don't know....)

What I mean to ask is : do you have a certain information that the transponder is related to the remote somehow, or it's only your presumption based on the fails of learning second hand remotes?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts