Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a friend with an 806 and he has just bought Peugeot Planet, he's a diesel fitter so knows engine like the back of his hand but he does not know computers or IT.

Early last year he had an issue with his ECU so bought a new one and got it programmed by Peugeot, when the weather got cold he was having real problems getting the thing to start so contacted Peugeot who told him he would have to bring the car in on a night as it sounded like the ECU needed programming for cold start, this he did and had no problems. He then got his old ECU fixed and fitted it back to the car (Not sure why), now that the weather is gettting cold again he is having the same starting issues as with the other ECU. He phoned me this evening to see if this is possible to do using peugeot [planet or by some other DIY method rather than paying the stealer again.

Does anyone know if this is possible??

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
I've not read about it before, but its worth a look through the settings, but don't change unless he is sure what he is doing.
I would expect it was some sort of software update they did, in which case, you can't do it with Planet.
Can't understand why he would want to put the old ECU back on :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts