Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
Hi all,

Could you not instead use an EOBD memory saver ?
This plugs into the 16-pin EOBD diagnostics port and allows removal of the vehicles battery without losing any codes or settings and leaves your ECU energised.
Then you don't have to worry if you have followed all the correct procedures.

You do however need the use of a slave battery and the device itself costs just over £20.

Wightpug I.O.W
207cc GT
Doing a BSI reset is a GOOD THING so changing the battery using the rules above is better than trying to keep it alive with dodgy accessories if you really want to NOT reset the BSI then just hot swap the battery while engine is running !

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a BSI? Has anyone compiled a glossary for the technical abbreviations used on this site? It could be useful for a greenhorn like me!
BSI = body systems interface (or something similar). It is actually the electronic processing and interfacing unit for pretty well everything except engine and transmission (and anything else which has its own ECU - like the roof of the convertibles). It also embodies the interior fusebox.

If it loses power in an uncontrolled fashion, it may result in unintended behaviour of various items such as wipers, radio, door locks, windows, ventilation, etc., hence the procedure to be followed when disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Each to his own :lol:

I prefer "body" because it is more informative. If it's part of the car, it has to be "built-in".

21 - 27 of 27 Posts