Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
i am new here :)
couple days ago, i bought peugeot 407 2.0 Hdi 136 hp with 139.000km on it! evrything was great until yesrday... i was driving home, and than sudendly i got 3 warnings at once and car turn off by it self:

1. ESP doesnt work
2. motoro oil preasure is very low
3. depolution fault

i restart the engine, and evrything was perfect! no errors... 3 hours later, same problem... again restart engine, problem disapired :) later that day... same scenario happend one more time!
today i drove car at service, they hooked up in PC and they find couple of errors but all of them were irelevant and was deleted!

in 2 days, i am going to vaccation, and have about 1000 km in front of me...

does anyone know what could cause these erorrs? Mechanics have no idea :(

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Get a service done and use good oil, if you can get a diagnostic done to check the % load of your FAP filter , you could also replace your oil pressure sensor (£12) to rule it out as causing faults.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
today i will change oil and filter, rear brakes... i hope that erorr wont came up anymore :)
why i cant post to introduction section of this forum?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i changed brakes, oil and filter.. and on my way i had 3 times car switched off in highway, and there were same erorr!
car was also on PC pluged in, but there were no erorr...
when i restart engine... no erorr

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
I still did not solove problem with errors
does anyone have any ideas?
I am driving not reliable car :( i cant go on vaccation or anywhere, only short routes :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi there

When does the oil pressure warning occur?

Cold start?
Warm start?
Highway driving?
At idle?

It could well be the oil pressure switch? As another op said, cheap to replace so wont harm.

As for the other faults I can't help. Sorry!

I am having the same issues. Oil pressure warning (hot start), and I've just started to get ESP/ ABS fault. No plug in diag yet. I need to measure ABS sensors as it seems to be a common fail.

Unfortunately French cars have a reputation about the electronic parts!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its happening all time :confused:
couple times its happend on highway,
2-3 times happend in the morning while i driving on job 1-2 km from my house (it was city driving)
and the worst thing is sometimes i get error every day, and sometimes i dont see error 6-8 month :/

does your car turns off after erorrs came up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much cost fuse box change? since services are unable to find solution for my problems, should i reqest changing fuse box?

D

·
0 Posts
In around €300. Better get them to diagnose it correctly at that price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like a fusebox problem alright as above.

Hi David. What do you mean by fuse box fault? What would make the fuse box faulty? An earth fault? And can the original fuse box be repaired? Cleaning connectors/ connections etc.

Sorry if questions sound daft. I've not had a fuse box fault on other cars and still learning the trickery bits of pugs!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts